𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

One o'clock in the morning wasn't exactly a time I wanted to have to wake up. I understand there was a reason, but Sirius could have easily made it slightly earlier.

"Balderdash."

"I'm not letting you in Miss. You should be in bed and you are quite clearly-"

"A Slytherin. Trust me, I'm well aware. But it's also way too early for this, so if you don't mind, I've given you the correct password haven't I, so it would be greatly appreciated if you just let me in." She huffed as was about to protest when I interrupted her again, "look lady, this could go on all night love, so please for Merlin's sake, let me in."

With severe reluctance, she opened the door and I stepped inside, giving her a sarcastic, sort of grateful look as I did.

As much as I didn't particularly want to admit it, the Gryffindor common was actually pretty, lovely. It is full of squashy armchairs, tables, and a bulletin board with school notices and is decorated in several shades of red, which I must say, complimented the room, perfectly.

Harry was reading the same news paper I was earlier and was sat by the fire, I suspect waiting my arrival. "Oh don't read that crap, Harry. It's complete B.S."

"Yeah, I got that." he threw the paper in the large fireplace and watched it burn to a crisp as I took a seat next to him.

"So, how are you doing Harry?"

"Oh, brilliant." he said sarcastically.

"Oh alright, no need for the sass mister. You know last year, I never would have even asked you that, so I think you should appreciate that."

"How's Cedric finding the fame?" I shrugged, "you don't know?"

"Nope. I'm sure he's doing just fine though, so..." I trailed off. But just in time to break the silence, the fire began spitting red hot crisps of flames. I looked at Harry, almost worried that the room would set on fire more than anything else.

Suddenly, a familiar face, burst through the surface of the kindling. A face, I soon recognised as Sirius.

"Sirius? How?..." Harry asked.

"I don't have much time, so let me get straight to it. Did you or did you not put your name into the goblet of fire, Harry?" the face spoke.

"No!"

"Shh...I had to ask. Now, tell me about this dream of yours. You mentioned Wormtail and Voldemort, but who was the third man in the room?"

"I dunno."

"You didn't hear a name?" I asked.

"No. Umm.. Voldemort was giving him a job to do. Something important."

"What was that?" Sirius asked.

"He wanted... me. I dunno why, but he was gonna use this man to get to me. I mean it was only a dream right?"

"Yes. It's just a dream. Look, the deatheaters at the world cup, your name rising from that goblet. These are not just coincidences. Hogwarts isn't safe any more."

"What are you saying?" I asked, concerned.

"I'm saying the devils are inside the walls. Igor Karkaroff, he was a deatheater."

"The Durmstrang headmaster?" I inquired.

"Yes, him. Listen, no one, no one stops being a deatheater. Then there's Barty Crouch, heart of stone, sent his OWN son to Azkaban."

"Do you think one of them put my name in the goblet?"

"I haven't a clue who put your name in that goblet Harry but whoever did it is no friend to you. People die in this tournament."

"I'm not ready for this Sirius." Harry sounded more and more distressed.

"You don't have a choice."

A fumbling from behind me caused me to whip my head around, to find a shadow, descending the stairs from the boy's dormitories.

"Someone's coming!" I said.

"Keep your friends close."

As two legs came into view, the burnt face had gone.

"Y/N? What are you doing here," it was Ron. He checked his watch, "at one o'clock in the morning?"

"Oh umm I..." I stammered as I looked at Harry for help with my excuse, "was helping Harry with some potion...s-work."

"Potions? What work?"

"Oh just an old assignment." I tried to shake it off.

"What assignment?"

"Umm...one on...umm."

"The Pompion potion!" Harry blurted out.

"The Pompoion potion?" he asked. I nodded my head, "but why would you want to turn your head into a pumpkin Harry?"

Ohh yeah. That's what that potion does. Nice one Harry. "Just a joke he wanted to pull on the twins." I finished.

"Right. Well good luck with those two." he yawned and trudged back up to bed.

I sighed in relief, "a pompion potion? Interesting choice." I chuckled.

"Well it's not as if you had thought of something else."

"Touche."