﹙ 𝐯 ﹚ tea leaves? please

🖇·˚ ༘ ┊͙[ chapter five ] ! ˊˎ

╰─▸ professor snape, divination, and discoveries

     I HAD NEVER BEEN IN A MORE AWKWARD SITUATION than walking to my potions professor's office after almost knocking out one of his favourite students. After the incident in the great hall, he had to lead me to a room that was located down in the dungeons, in the same sort of area as the Slytherin common room.

     "Sit, Miss y/l/n," he gestured to a seat in front of his desk in his office.

     It had the same dingy smell to it that the potion's classroom had.

     I sat down and immediately crossed my arms. I found myself doing this when was in a situation I didn't want to be in.

     "Now Miss y/l/n, I hope you understand some punishment is in order."

     "Oh come on sir, he deserved it!" I protested.

     "Whether Mr Malfoy deserved it or not, violence is still not permitted in Hogwarts. You will attend detention tomorrow night. Please be here at 7:00 pm precisely. Now please return to your next class."

     "Yes sir," I mumbled whilst grabbing my bag and standing up. Before I got the chance to leave, he stopped me.

     "And don't be late."

' ੈ˚ ❃ 

     "SO, HOW DID OLD SEVERUS TAKE IT?" Ava said as we began walking to divination.

     I shrugged, "Meh, I got a detention tomorrow night, but it could be worse and Malfoy got what was coming to him." We began our descent down the many stairs to reach the classroom. "And guys, about earlier. I'm sorry I was so quick to accuse you. I guess it was an impulse thing," I stopped and looked at the two of them. "Apology accepted?"

     "Yes of course love," Spencer said slinging her arm over my shoulder. "We know how much of a deal that is."

     "I'm just surprised she managed an apology, to be honest," Ava chuckled as we entered the classroom.

     "Hey! I'm not that rude. And besides, it's just because it's you two." They laughed and we took our seats around a velvet-covered table, with a crystal ball in the middle and three teacups, filled with tea leaves. "Who do we have this class with?" I asked the two of them.

     "The lower Gryffindors I think," Spencer said.

     I'm still not sure why we have any classes with them in the first place. But I could say the same about why I took Divination.

     "Oh great, saint Potter." I rolled my eyes as the Professor stood up.

     "Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight." I crossed my arms and scoffed. "Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future. This term, we'll focus on Tasseomancy, the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you."

     Ava picked up mine, I picked up Spencer's, and Spencer picked up Ava's. We all laughed as we looked into what was just mush. "What do you see? The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first, you must broaden your minds. First, you must look beyond."