﹙ 𝐱𝐯 ﹚ hogsmeade

🖇·˚ ༘ ┊͙[ chapter fifteen ] ! ˊˎ

╰─▸ first dates, secret spots and snowfall

     HOGSMEADE IS A SMALL VILLAGE JUST OUTSIDE HOGWARTS, and there isn't a student who has a bad thing to say about it. Students in third year and up have the opportunity to go on selective weekends, providing we have our parents' permission. It was particularly beautiful at this time of year; the snow was just beginning to fall, and Christmas break was approaching.

     Hogwarts always outdid themselves when it came to decorating for the holidays. And this year was no different to the rest. The great hall was lined with smaller Christmas trees, with one large one at the front, decorated by Charms teacher, Professor Flitwick himself (he has a knack for pretty things like that). The ceiling was charmed to look like it was snowing inside, and large wreaths were placed at every end. And for some reason, I can't quite work out, the tinsel didn't look tacky at all.

     "You two going to Hogsmeade?" Spencer asked Ava and me, as I tucked into my cereal, the atmosphere at the breakfast table blooming with the excitement of the approaching festivities.

     Ava nodded her head in time with my own, "Uh huh," we replied in unison.

     "Oh great, we can go together then like usual," Spencer replied, delicately spreading butter on a slice of burnt toast.

     It was in situations like these that I lacked the creativity to reply. I spoke my mind in 99% of the scenarios I find myself in, but one like this, cannot be saved for the likes of me. Instead, I sat there uncomfortably and scratched the back of my neck, awkwardly.

     I cleared my throat, by swallowing an extra-large mouthful of scratchy cereal (an act of procrastination, I will admit). "About that . . .," I croaked out, the odd thing being that Ava said the exact same thing, at the exact same moment.

     My spoon made a piercing clatter as I dropped it into my bowl. Our heads shot at each other, eyes wide, and expressions dubious.

     "Who are you going with?" I spurted out.

     "Who are you going with?" she asked directly afterwards with a sceptical tone and creased forehead.

     "I asked you first," I said sternly. Ava sunk into her seat. "Wait," I cringed, looking to Spencer for confirmation.

     "Marcus," we drawled in unison, causing the two of us to chuckle together, despite the fact that Ava and I had left Spencer by herself for one of the few Hogsmeade weekends.

     Ava bit her lip, "How did you guess?"

     I tried to ignore the urge to roll my eyes, but it became too much, and a scoff soon followed.

     "Enough about me, anyway," Ava spoke up, "Who are you going with?"

     I shrugged innocently, "I don't really think that's any of your business."

     "That's not fair," Ava sulked.

     "Yeah," Spencer whined, "I think I'm at liberty to know who you're ditching me for."

     "You know who I'm going with," Ava countered, "It's about time you let us in on the details of your apparently flourishing love life, y/n."

     "Both valid points, but both ignored," I replied smugly, with my chin held high. "The particulars of my whereabouts later today are for me to know, and for you two to forget."