﹙ 𝐱𝐢𝐢 ﹚ a break-in spooks all

🖇·˚ ༘ ┊͙[ chapter twelve ] ! ˊˎ

╰─▸ staring, interrogation, and sleepovers

     DAYDREAMING IS A CURIOUS THING, ISN'T IT? Recently, I have found myself doing it more often than not. A sort of trance that I don't realize I'm letting myself give into.

     "Gorgeous, isn't he?" Ava said, with a whimsical tone, and it sounded like she was drooling.

     I wasn't listening whatsoever, but in fact, found myself tumbling into yet another reverie. My eyes were scanning around the Great Hall not for anyone in particular, nor for any particular reason.

     The room was flourishing with laughter and chatter, mixed with the scent of Yorkshire Puddings, and gravy all bundled up into an aroma called dinner.

     Within my own little world, my eyes travelling to the Hufflepuff table, they landed upon none other than Cedric Diggory, and his bundle of friends. At the rate they were going, they could be the primary source of laughter, sat almost directly in front of my own table.

     His laughter was the kind that, even for me, was infectious. Like he laughed, and everyone else did. His smile had a lot to do with it, and, however cliché it sounds, it lit up the room for whoever saw.

     Lost in this daydream of my very own, it became apparent that I had succumbed to the fact that Cedric Diggory, was very attractive.

As a consequence of my distracted self, I ended up agreeing with her.

     "Yeah, he is," I slumped my head onto my palm as my elbow rested on the table, still admiring the comfort of Cedric's laugh, whilst all in all, looking like a stalkerish weirdo.

     "Who Marcus?" Spencer asked astonished, with a hint of amusement.

     It was only now that I was thrown out of my imagination and back into the real world with a little jump, as I realized Ava wasn't talking about Cedric, but in fact about Marcus fucking Flint.

     Marcus Flint couldn't be further from similar to Cedric. He did not have a contagious laugh. His smile was far from attractive. And Marcus Flint was the opposite of good-looking.

     "What? Marcus? Ew, no." I shook my head and grimaced at the thought. Ava tried desperately to hide the hurt in her expression, but not well enough. I almost felt bad that I offended her, until I drew my eyes away from the pair of them, and over to Marcus, who was sat not far over. I could see from here the food stuck between his wonky teeth.

     "That's what I thought." Spencer's laugher died down, and her face melted into a smirk. "But who were you talking about then, huh, y/n?"

     Ava rotated her head from Spencer, slowly over to be, and cocked her head along with her eyebrow, "Yes, go on y/n. Who's got you all loved up?"

     "Hmm? Oh, um. No one." I shook my head, rather nonchalantly, but it was clear they weren't buying it.

     "Uh-hmm." they hummed in unison – Spencer's head now inclined, mirroring Ava's.

     Saving me from any further lies and cover-ups that were far from believable, my little brother ran up to our table, his yellow robes flowing behind him.

     Upon arriving in front of us, he gasped for air, and then opened his mouth wide. "y/n! S-Sirius. H-he's-"

     The boy was either out of breath from running too far and too fast and was simply unfit, or he could barely believe the news himself that he was trying to tell me.