𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲

"ʀᴇᴀʟ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪꜱ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ'ꜱ ᴡᴇᴀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴅᴠᴀɴᴛᴀɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇᴍ. ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ꜰʟᴀᴡꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴏ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ"

Being in love. It's weird to think I believe I am in love.

Meeting Cedric I liked to believe was a fate. Being his friend however, was a choice. And I guess falling in love, was bound to happen.

"You are the one who paints my world. You are the one who keeps me shielded, defends me from the brutality. You are the one I will die a thousand times for."

That's how I thought of it.

I never used to believe in love. Or I guess I never used to believe I could be loved. I therefore shut people away: my brother, my father and practically everyone at this school. But there is one person who seemed to wriggle their way into my life. And oh how I'm glad he did.

Isn't it funny, that if I had made a different decision I wouldn't be here now? If I had never punched Malfoy and earned myself a detention, my fate could have been written in different ink. Because if I was sat here in a different universe, without him by my side, I would have never become complete.

I remember not being able to wait to get out of this place. Just wanting to live my own life, chose my own way, even if I didn't know what that was. But right now, I tried to absorb every last moment of my time here, before I had to make it on my own.

Except I wasn't alone; I had Cedric.

"It's weird to think we won't ever come back here, don't you think?" he said, playing with my hair, leant against the railings of the same tower where it all began; myself, resting my head on his chest, between his legs: the two of us, staring out at the night sky.

"Not really." I said taking his hands and entwining them with mine.

"Not really?"

"I mean yeah." I shrugged. "That's the way it's meant to go. We can't stay here forever, nor can we hold onto our childhood forever." I began playing with his fingers, of which compared to mine, where awfully large. "It's our time."

Our eyes locked and I felt safer than ever, even if we were the closest we could be to the edge of the tower.

"I never thought of it like that."

"Does your dad want you to work in the ministry?" I asked, almost certain of the answer.

"I imagine so. But that doesn't mean anything."

"I know it doesn't, but you're ready and well I'm...not."

"Just because you don't know what you want to do when you leave Hogwarts?" he laughed.

"Hey! It's not funny. You have assets and dreams and you're the triwizard fucking champion Cedric. You have a whole life ahead of you. And I'll be this stupid, little wife that follows you around." I huffed.

"Wife ey?" he smirked.

"That wasn't the point of the sentence Diggory!" I slapped him.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry. Butttt, correct me if I'm wrong, you're the best chaser at this school."

"Quidditch? I never thought of that. Quidditch sounds nice." I smiled warmly, at the thought of some sort of idea for my future and turned my attention back at the moon and stars. "You know I told you I'd think about a nickname for you?" he nodded his head, "well I thought of one: my champ."

He laughed, "champ huh? Well, y/n/n, I love it. And I love you."

"I love you more."

And that's it; chapter one of my life, complete. One of hopefully many more.

I always used to envy people that had their lives planned out and knew exactly what they wanted to do with the rest of their lives. But honestly, is that how it's meant to be? To know every next step in your life, already written for you? No. Life is full of surprises; that's the way it's meant to go. Well, put it this way, I have no idea what the future holds for Cedric and I, but right now, in this exact moment, I frankly did not care. Because, you know what? When you put your mind and heart to it, anything is possible.

The castle couldn't possibly be more peaceful. The grass down below was silent and straight, as if painted. The wind calmer, not even a hair on my head out of place. If a feather were to drop from this height, it would fall without drifting one way or the other.

All was quiet. And all was still.