𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

"So, what do you think about this tournament then?" Cedric asked me, his legs hanging off the side of the astronomy tower. It had become almost a daily thing now; we would sneak up here either during the day or at night, just to enjoy each other's companies.

The dark blue sky had a sense of warmth springing from the cold. The blue haze of day lifted to reveal the stars, which were now a canopy for the castle. It is the pure black that makes the moon so beautiful at this time of day; when the sun had left.

I chuckled, "honestly?" I asked him.

"Honestly."

"I think it's a load of bullocks, if you don't mind me saying. And that's not just because Quidditch is cancelled, but because it gives three people the right to gloat for the rest of the year. I mean, it makes anyone else that entered feel like shit and unworthy and frankly it's too dangerous for even seventeen year olds to compete in. I mean, what sort of safe school allows their students to enter, let alone host, a contest like this; it's insane."

"Oh." he looked almost taken aback and slightly, disappointed by my answer.

"Sorry, that was a bit harsh. I guess it could be fun." I shrugged.

"Do you think you will enter?"

"Nah, probably not. If I do, I know full well I won't be selected. So like I said, I'd feel like shit."

He chuckled, "you don't know that."

I gave him a look and then focussed back on the night sky and sighed. With a yawn I got up, "I should probably get back; it's getting late." I offered out my hand and he took it. With force, I helped him on his feet. "Night Ced." I smiled up at him and began heading for the stairs down, back to the rest of the castle.

"Y/N, wait." he said gently. I turned back around and he walked towards me.

"Yes?"

Without warning he grabbed my arm delicately and pulled me closer, pressing his lips against mine. It was, well perfect. Like fireworks exploding around us. And suddenly the world fell away. It was everything and more than I had imagined. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. He pulled me closer until there was no space left between us and I could feel the beating of his heart against my chest. Before I broke away, I smiled and I could feel him smiling back.

"Will you do me the honour and be by girlfriend, Y/N?" and with those words, I think my heart melted.
I nodded with a large, sweet smile. That was all that was needed.

•·················•·················•

Cedric and I shared a few more moments since the one on the astronomy tower, some in public, but very few and it was mostly just the two of us on our own. We had held hands, here and there, but nothing too obvious. I didn't really want that many people knowing just yet. I simply didn't want to move too fast; I really didn't want to mess this up.

Since then, we had spent more time with each other and today I was sitting at the Hufflepuff table for lunch, not to the delight of Spencer and Ava, but I'm sure they'll get over it. I think Will had been slightly embarrassed by me being around his friends too, but honestly, I think the two of us had become more fond of each other since the end of summer and start of the new school year; so he let it slide. I had actually been getting along with Cedric's friends, and it turned out, none of them were at all bad to be around; pleasant actually.

I was laughing with a few people sat by me and surprisingly, none of them seemed to care that much by my green robes and snake emblem that I currently wore.