𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

"Still pretty good then?" Cedric said to me, with a smirk, as he flew down and lay on the pitch floor next to me, chucking his broom somewhere beside him.

"Why, did you think I would have lost all quidditch skills since I last played?"

We had been messing around on the field for about the last hour. We had planned on actually doing some training, but it just turned into a laugh. That was what I found so amazing about our relationship; we seemed to make the best out of every moment and every situation.

"Knowing you, absolutely not."

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" I propped myself up with my elbow and stared down at him.

"It means, you take quidditch too seriously." he laughed.

"Urm, I do not, Diggory. It's a fine sport and I just happen to be very competitive, that's all." I laid back down, placing my two hands on my stomach and him resting his head on his folded arms. I looked up to the sky that was a little puffed cloud, brilliant white, morphed into the grey canvas. I found myself enjoying the nothing that is everything.

It was chilly and well November after all. The cold crept under my clothes and I felt myself trying to shake it off.

"Are you cold?" I gave him a look. "I don't care if it's cheesy," he took off his robe and wrapped it around my shoulders, "you need it more than I do."

I smiled up at him. I guess I didn't mind the idea of it, now we were dating. "Thanks Ced." I turned back to the wintery sky, "got any more ideas on the egg?"

He shook his head, "none what so ever."

"That's alright, you've got months before the second task. You'll figure it out." I nudged him, "we'll figure it out."

He leaned over and pecked me on the nose, causing my grin to grow larger than I ever thought possible. The bitter temperatures around me, suddenly didn't seem to affect me anymore. I felt warm when he was around. His company was like sunshine; it brightened up my day. A day that most likely was bleak and frosty. We didn't even have to say anything; we were communicating in our own way.

My gaze deepened into his hazel eyes, that seemed even more beautiful in the humid autumn. And as I did, I felt a cold stab on my head. And then a few more. Until I looked up and noticed the sky had gone greyer and the clouds were darker. It was raining. I looked back at Cedric, who, when I did, looked at me too and the two of us shared a smile and a laugh.

People think of laughing as simply a sign of humour and that it expressed nothing, but when Cedric laughed, it was nothing like that. I had never once even imagined that hearing someone laugh or even watch someone smile, could make me feel something as much as Cedric's did. Just the sound of his snickers, his giggles, was enough to transport me far far away from my own life and the worries and pressures that came with it.

His hair was becoming droopy with the more and more rain that poured down on us. He looked even more handsome now, than ever. I glanced up one last time. The droplets were soft and steady, pouring from a sky of grey velvet.

He stood up and helped me to my feet. For a moment, it was just us. For a moment, it felt as though we were the only two people, alive. I stared further into his eyes, getting lost in their beauty. In the rain, his hair becomes one with his face, draped over his perfect bone structure. I wonder if he knows how attractive he is. No, of course he does. For a moment, I found myself questioning how I got to this point. Why me? He wrapped his arms around my waist and his head dangled in front of mine, leaning in. And our lips touched.

There is something so heavenly about a kiss in the rain. There is something about the not caring if the water soaks through to your bones or even if you were too numb to even feel them. It is a rebellion against the elements. The rain may be collapsing down around you, but the expression creates sunlight, beneath the clouds.

The rest of the world melted away, even the thunder, and the moment is ours. It's as if we've been transported somewhere heaven like and perhaps, if it weren't for the three hoops in the distance and the grassy green pitch beneath us, I might believe we had.