8

"What was the third thing?" Lily said jogging up next to Arabella in the hallway after their potions class ended

"I don't know Lils. I couldn't recognize it." The girl lied.

"Yes you could." Lily said walking next to her. "I know when you're lying." She said giving Arabella a disbelieving.

"I couldn't I swear!" Arabella said sternly.

"Sure... well when you feel comfortable telling me what you smelled I'm here to listen."

"Fine." Arabella said as she continued to walk to Dumbledores office.

"HA! So you do know what it was!" Lily yelled at the girl as she continued down the hallway.

"Bye lily!" She said as she started to jog down the hall to office tower.

✺✺✺

"Hello Ms. Potter." Dumbledore said as Arabella walked into his office.

"Hello professor- professors." She said noticing the other professors in the room.

"Hello Ms. Potter." Minnie and Slughorn said in sync.

"Now, Ms. Potter I'm sure you know what's happening tonight, yes?" Dumbledor asked as he stood up and walked towards her. Minnie and Slughorn following after him.

Arabella noticed a small vile in Professor Slughorns hand as the professors approached her. The potion that has the power to change her life and possibly the whole wizarding world.

"Honestly, I'm a little lost but for the most part, yes." The younger girl replied rambling nervously.

He laughed, "Everything will be fine." He took the vile out of slughorns hand and walked back over to her. "Now from what the others have told me, this potion tastes disgusting, so I will apologize in advance." He said as he handed Arabella the potion.

Arabella held the potion carefully as she thought about what may happen. "So do I just drink it or is there some kind of ritual?"

"Just drink it Ms. Potter." Minnie said trying to hide her amused smile.

"Just trying to defuse the tension." She hesitated before bringing the vile to her mouth and drinking the potion. A strange feeling went through her body as the potion went down the girls throat.

Suddenly a bright yellow light appeared infront of her causing her eyes to squint at the brightness. What the hell is happening? As she looked into the light, she saw shadow start to appear in front of her. The shadow resembled a woman, or at least from what she could tell. The woman slowly started to float towards her with her arms extended slightly at her side. Her long cape flowed behind her as she grew nearer.