26

Arabella was getting dressed in front of her full length mirror that was placed at the end of her closet. She was struggling a little bit. The zipper was just out of her reach, and she had no way of zipping it alone.

Sirius help I'm dying! Arabella projected to Sirius mind. She could hear him run up the stairs quickly. She laughed lightly as she saw him rush into her closet out of breathe.

"What," he takes a long breath, "happened?"

"I can't zip this." She said looking at him with a pouted face.

"Seriously?" He said giving her a look of disbelief. 

"Zip please." She said turning around and holding out her zipper to him.

"I hate you." He said as he walked up to her a zipped her dress carefully.

"I hate you too." She said smiling at her reflection in the mirror. She could see Sirius smiling at her as well. His hands found their way to her waist and he spun her around. 

"Merry Christmas Bella." He said smiling down at her.

"Merry Christmas Sirius." She said cupping her hands around the back of his neck.

He leaned down and placed his lips gently on hers. Arabella couldn't stop the smile that formed on her face as the two kissed softly.

Seconds later Arabella heard her mother's foot steps walking up the stairs and towards her room. She pushed Sirius a few feet away from her as she sensed her mother's presence near.

"Bella?" Euphemia called out.

Hide. Bella mouthed to Sirius as soon as she heard her mother's voice. She didn't want her mother to assume anything was happening between the two, worried that she might ban Sirius from going into the girls room again.

"Yes mum?" Bella replied from the closet as she began to put her shoes on.

"Oh you look so beautiful!" Euphemia said as soon as she saw her daughter standing in the dress she got her.

"Thanks mom." She said smiling at her. 

"Ok Arabella I'm going to give you some tips for tonight, because believe me I know how those stuck up pure blood families can be." Euphemia said as she sat down on the small white chair in the corner of the closet.

"Do not, and I mean it, do not mention that you are friends with muggle borns, and if anyone asks where you stand on your opinion of them either avoid the question or, and I will never ask you to do this again, lie about where you stand. Those people will not hesitate to do anything to you if you disagree with their opinions." Euphemia told the girl sternly.

"Dont worry mum, I know." Arabella said confidently.

"I mean it Arabella, trash talk your beloved parents and brother if you need to. I cannot risk you getting hurt." Euphemia said standing up and putting her hands on her daughters shoulders. "Finish getting ready." She said after placing a kiss on her daughters forehead.

She began to walk out but stopped shortly as she reached the door. "Oh and Sirius you might want to get back to your room before James of Fleamont find you in here." Euphemia said winking at her daughter as she walked out.

"Ok thank you." Sirius said shyly from his hiding spot.

————————-

Arabella stood awkwardly outside of the Black household debating weather or not she should just walk into the house or if she should walk in with another group of people in order to conceal herself somehow.