18

3rd person -

"Get off me you blood traitor." Regulus snapped before he stood up and sneered at her. Dammit regulus you didn't have to say it that harshly. He said to himself.

Arabella felt bad for the boy. He didn't want to be rude to her and she knew it.

"Regulus are you ok?" Arabella said sympathetically as she looked at the tears that stained his cheeks.

"Why do you care?" He said glaring at her.

"Because you're my best friends brother. I kind of have to care." She said with a small smile.

"Please." He scoffed. "Why would that make you care?" He said continuing to glare at the girl in front of him.

"Not sure... maybe it's just my compassionate Leo side." She joked causing him to roll his eyes. "Would it help if I said I'm not a brood traitor?"

"What?"

"What did I told you I believe the same stuff as you. That pure bloods are above all others. Would you talk to me then?" The girl asked.

"You're best friend is muggle born." Regulus said.

"See here's what I think." Arabella said as she sat down where Regulus previously sat. "I think that you don't believe the same things as your parents or the same as your friends. I think that you believe your parents don't define who you are. Pure blood and muggle born are all worthy of greatness and don't deserve to be treated badly because of their family." She said as she looked up at the boy. "Am I right?"

Yes. He didn't answer, but she knew what he was thinking. Literally. He sighed before sitting down next to her on the floor. 

"However, I know how your family treats Sirius. I know you're scared of them. So I'm going to go ahead and tell you... that I believe the same things as you." She said, "look Regulus I know you don't know me, and I know I barley know you... but I want you to have someone you can talk to. Ok?"

"I had a bad dream." He said as he realized what she was saying. She was pretending to hate muggleborns just so he could talk to her. He looked out straight in-front of him as he brought his knees back to his chest. 

"About what?"

"My parents... and Sirius." He said sadly. "My mom and Sirius argue a lot, and she uh- she hits him sometimes." He said looking down at his hands. "She doesn't let me leave the room when she does. I guess she wants me to see what will happen if I start acting like my brother."

Arabella looked at him with complete sympathy. She couldn't understand why someone would think others less of them just because of their parents, and she definitely couldn't understand how someone could treat their kids so horribly.

"I'm sorry Regulus. Look, if you ever, and I mean ever, need a place to run to you can come to my house." She said, putting a strong emphasis on the word ever.

"Why are you being so nice to me? You don't even know me." He asked looking over at her with glossy eyes.

"I may not know you, but your brother does. He used to talk about you non stop. He would tell me how good of a person you are and how kind you are. You don't deserve anything your family does to you or Sirius. No one deserves that." She said giving him a small smile. "I just want you to know that I'll always be here for you."