44

Arabella sat in the astronomy tower, thinking about the dream that continued to play through her mind. She had forgotten to take her potion for the last few nights. The storm outside soothing her as she sat deep in thought. She no longer cried as she thought about them. She simply thought of them as things to consider for her future.

This dream in particular made her curious about her time at Hogwarts. Especially the kinds of things she may need to do next year.

Her dream replayed again, and she paid very close attention to the details. She had killed Dumbledore, Bellatrix Lesgtrange was standing next to her cheering her on. Those two details weren't what made her curious, it was the fact that Bellatrix had called her Ari. It seemed like they were friends, and that they had been for a while, but Arabella had never spoken to Bellatrix or any other Slytherin besides Amy, Regulus, and Jack.

It got her thinking about what Dumbledore had said about her pretending to be on the dark lords side... did she have to start being friends with the Slytherins?

She stood up urgently and transported back to gryffinor tower and swiftly made her way up the stairs to the boys room. When she entered she saw all four of the boys sleeping peacefully in their beds.

She ran over to Sirius' bed quietly and shook him awake.

"Wha-who-" he said groggily looking around the room to see who woke him. "Oh hello love."

"Sh! Don't wake them. Come with me we need to talk." She said urgently.

"Ok." He said rubbing his eyes as he climbed out of bed and followed after her slowly.

Once they were out of the room, she transported the two to the tower hidden in Gryffindor tower.

"Whoa-" Sirius said regaining his balance. "You really can't do that when I just woke up."

"Sorry." She apologized.

"What happened here?" He said looking at the broken windows around the tower.

"Uh... long story. For another time." She said avoiding that conversation. "I need to talk to you about something."

"You're not dumping me right? Cause that's a really bad thing to wake someone up to."

"Of course, not why would you think that?" She asked knitting her eyebrows together in confusion.

"I dunno, you just seem upset." He shrugged.

"Well I'm not. It's about the future. More specifically what I think is going to happen." She said sitting in one of the empty window panes.

"Oh my god, are you proposing?" He asked excitedly hoping to lighten her mood.

"No." She laughed. "I think... I think I've seen my future, ours I guess too."

Sirius looked at her confused before walking towards her and taking the seat to her left. "What do you mean?"

"I've been having these dreams... nightmares more like but- they seem so real." She said looking out upon the lake. "And they keep repeating. It's like- I don't know. It's like they are trying to warn me of something. Maybe show me what my future holds, trying to prepare me." She said shaking her head. "I now it might sound crazy but-"

"It doesn't sound crazy. It sounds possible. I mean, considering all the amazing things you can do, I wouldn't doubt that you had the ability to see your future." He said watching her with concern. "What uh... what do you mean about when you say you see our future?"

She looked at her hands quietly. The visions of Sirius dying played through her mind, on a loop. Could she tell him what she had seen? Or was that something she should keep to herself? She decided it was best to keep it to herself for now. "I think we should talk about that another time. There's something else killing me right now."

"What is it?"

"In some of my dreams, I see myself... with Bellatrix and the other death eaters." She left out Regulus, "I'm working with them. I'm not stopping them, I'm helping them. And I do something horrible."

"Like what?" He asked hesitantly.

"I don't really want to admit it out loud." She said staring at her hands.

"Then show me."

She sighed, "Sirius I-"

"Please. I want to be able to help you, and I can't help if I don't know what you're going through."

She sighed again, "ok." She said lifting her hand to his forehead and planting the dream of killing Dumbledore in his mind.

He sat silently watching the dream unfold in-front of him. When he came back to the real world, he stared at her with an unreadable expression.

When he just continued to stare, Arabella grew nervous. "Say something please."

"Why?" Was all he said.

"Dumbledore says that it's to earn the dark lords trust. Something about the prophecy. I'm believed to work with the dark lord until the truth is revealed to him." She said still not looking at Sirius, she simply couldn't. She felt like a monster, and she thought he saw her the same.

"Well... well we'll get through it." Sirius said optimistically. "Since I know, I'll be like your inside man. I'll know what's happening and I'll-"

"Sirius, that doesn't change what's going to happen. I don't want to... I don't want to kill anyone. I can barely kill a fly."

He knew she was right, she was too sweet to mean any harm to someone. "Look at me." He said placing his hand on her cheek and moving her face to face him. "We'll get through this. I'll be there every step of the way. Plus, you have James. You told him, so he can help as well."

"He can't know you know."

"He can't now, but by the time all this happens there's no way he won't know I know. Because at some point, we're gonna have to explain all this to him." Sirius said caressing her cheek with his thumb.

"I was hoping we would tell him right before he died so he wouldn't be able to kill us." Arabella joked.

Sirius rolled his eyes playfully, "I doubt either of us can keep a secret for that long."

"Fair point. It's only a matter of time before Peter squeals."

"Yea... that man can't keep a secret."

Arabella stared out at the water again, thinking about her future.

"I know you're still thinking about it." Sirius said trying to take her mind off of it. "We'll be fine."

"I know." She smiled slightly. "I just hope nothing worse happens."

"I love you, Arabella Potter." Sirius said holding her in his arms.

Her fear of the future had subsided slightly as she heard his words, a large smile forming on her face as she looked up at him. "I will love you unconditionally."