24

Moments after Arabella returned to her room, an owl flew right through her open window.

Arabella jolted upright at the sudden sound of wings flapping. "Hello there. Who might you be?" She asked the owl that had just landed in front of her.

As she began to stroke the small owls head it dropped the letter it was holding into her lap. "Thank you." She said kindly as if the owl understood her.

Dear Arabella,
This is a very last minute request, and for that I apologize. My mother has allowed me to bring a date to our family Christmas ball, and I was hoping you would join me. I understand if you would feel uncomfortable considering the people who attend. If you do decided to join me I would recommend and long black dress because apparently that's the only color these people own. The ball is tomorrow night, so again I'm sorry for the late notice.
I'm sure Sirius can tell you where to go,
R.A.B.

Oh shit. I'm going to a pure blood party. Arabella thought to herself. She quickly jumped out of her bed, startling the small owl on her lap. "Oh I'm sorry." She said to the small bird.

She quickly ran to her desk and wrote her reply. The owl flew to the desk as if it knew he would be needed.

Dear Regulus,
I would love to attend the ball with you. I'll see you tomorrow night.
Arabella Potter

She handed the owl the letter and it quickly flew back out her window. As soon as she saw the owl leave she closed the window and rushed to Sirius' room.

"Sirius!" She whisper yelled into his room after she opened the door.

"What?" He asked from his bed.

"I need to talk to you." She said still standing in the door frame.

He flipped on the lamp beside his bed and sat up before patting the door on the bed next to him. She skipped over to his bed and jumped to sit next to him.

"What's up?" He asked as he pushed the hair that fell in her face behind her ear.

"Your brother invited me to your families Christmas ball." She informed him.

"He what?" Sirius asked her confused. "Does he not think that's going to be dangerous? Do you know how they will treat you when they find out your friends with Lily and that you don't feel the same about blood status' as them?"

"I'm not worried about that Sirius I have a plan." She said.

"Oh yea? What's your plan?" He said knowing it wasn't going to help her much.

"They don't need to know I have different opinions than them. They don't need to know who I'm friends with... and if they ask I'll lie." She shrugged. Sirius gave her a disapproving look. "Sirius I know you had to leave that house, but Regulus does need someone there for him right now.

He sighed knowing she was right. "I know you obviously can't go back. I want to be there for him Siri." She said taking a hold of his hand.

"It's not like a date though is it?" Sirius asked.

She let out a small laugh, "no Sirius it's not."

"Good." He said before placing a quick kiss on her lips.

_________________

When Sirius woke up he was greeted by the kind smiles of Euphemia and Fleamont Potter.

"First Christmas with the Potters!" Euphemia said excited as she handed him a present. "I couldn't give you this in front of James, so I knew we would have to do it early before he woke." She said as she handed him a small box.

"Is this for me?" He asked as he looked at the box she was holding out to him.

"Of course Darling." She said with a smile.

He looked at the present in shock. He had never gotten a present from anyone other than the marauders and Arabella. "T-thank you." He said as he slowly took the box from Euphemias hold. "What is it?" He said looking up at the two kind parents.

"Well open it and find out!" Fleamont said.

"Oh right." He said as he went to undo the bow that was holding the box closed. As he opened it he saw a small box with a button on the top. "Oh cool." He said trying to sound enthusiastic about a box.

"Press the button." Fleamont said as if it was obvious.

As soon as Sirius pressed the button the room went dark and the walls and ceiling were filled with constellations and stars. The constellations were labeled and outlined, and the stars around them flowed brightly lighting up the room.

"Whoa..." Sirius said as he looked around the room. "Thank you." He said leaning up and hugging the both of them.

"Yea we couldn't give you that in front of James because it used to be his..." Fleamont said. "You know James, he would have tried to say that he still wanted it and blah blah blah."

"And we know how much you love astronomy so-"

"I love it. Thank you." Sirius said smiling at the two is them.

"Of course. Now you probably want to sleep more so we're gonna go." Euphemia said dragging her husband away from the boy.

As few minutes after they left Sirius jumped up out of his bed and rushed to the bedroom next to his.

"Bella Bella Bella Bella Bella Bella Bella Bella!" Sirius whisper yelled as he shook her slightly.

"What?" She groaned rolling over to see who was waking her.

"Look what I got!" He said holding up the present her parents gave him.

"Nice box." She said before laying down on her pillow again.

"No no look!" He said as he pressed the button. The room lit up the same as it did minutes before.

"Very nice." She said smiling at him tiredly.

"You don't seem very impressed." He said slumping his shoulders and falling forward onto her lap.

"Ow." She groaned as his elbow jabbed her rib. "It's not that I'm not impressed it's that it's 5am." She said rolling her eyes.

"Sigh." He said. "Fine I'll let you sleep." He said rolling off of her. As he went to leave he decided against it. He wrapped his arms around her and buried his face in the crook of her neck.

"Sirius, Jame-"

"I'll be gone by the time he wakes up." He reassured her.

She hesitated, "ok..." she said snuggling into him.