9

Arabella woke up to the familiar voices of Lily and Marlene.

Today we have care of magical creatures and astronomy... I really don't want to be here. Someone kidnap me. She heard Marlene say making her giggle to herself as she stood from her bed. Marlene looked at her with a strange look before going back to her makeup.

What's up with her... weirdo... she said, except her lips weren't moving.

"Rude..." Arabella replied with a light laugh.

"What?" Marlene said turning to face her roommate confused.

"I'm not a weirdo, weirdo."

"What are you taking about?" Marlene said putting her hairbrush down and turning to Arabella completely.

"You called me a weir-" then it dawned on her. It worked. The potion worked. Marlene hadn't say those things, she thought them.
"Oh my god-" Arabella whispered before jumping over to her trunk by her bed, getting a shirt on, and speeding out of the room.

As she reached the common room she heard other peoples thoughts. Arabella could hear everyone's thoughts.

I'm not ready for this. I'm gonna fail. Merlin, why wouldn't I be both handsome AND smart! She heard James.

Lalalalalalala Peter thought to himself making Arabella's eyebrows knit together.

Does my hair looks alright? I feel like these a strand standing u- Sirius thought making Arabella smile, Bella! Sirius thought before running over to the younger potter. "Female Jamsie! My new bestie!" He talked before picking her up and spinning her in a small circle.

"Sirius, put me down please I need to go." Arabella said rushed as she tried to get out of his arms.

"Go where?" James said walking over.

"I need to see Dumbledore, Move ,please!" She said as she pushed through them to the portrait hole.

Arabella ran as fast as her legs could carry her to the headmasters office. She could hear everyone's thoughts as she ran through the crowded school hallways. She received many looks considering she was still in her pajamas, but she ignored them as she ran up to the entrance to the office. She quickly gave the password and rushed into the large room.

"Professor!" She yelled as she reached the office.

"Hello Ms. Potte-"

"It worked." She spat out. "The potion it worked. I-I can hear everyone's thoughts and I-"

"How do you know?" He asked rushing over to her side.

"Well, I mean I can head everyone's thoughts, and I couldn't do that yesterday. Well except for yours." She said tilting her head slightly.

"Yes, well, no one can hear my thoughts." He said with a smile. "Now Ms. Potter this is an incredible and very important thing. It tells us a lot about the worlds future and your own. Now we know the other prophecy member is a Potter and we also know that you are one of the chosen ones." He said guiding her to a chair in front of his desk.

"The only issue at this exact moment is that you are not yet able to control who's thoughts you can hear and we are not sure how or when your other abilities will begin to effect you. However, when they do begin to effect you we will have to work hard to keep them contained." He said sternly.

"For now, I am going to excuse you for the day and introduce you to someone who can help you control your telepathy." He said as he stood up again and walked over to a portrait. He said something quietly to the man in the painting before the man walked off. "Ms. Potter I hope you are aware of how your life is going to change. I would like you to meet with me every Friday night to discuss anything and everything going on with your abilities." He said.