39

"Ms. Potter?" Arabella heard a voice say from behind her making her jump of from her spot, tears still spilling from her eyes.

"I'm so sorry sir- I didn't mean to do this- I swear." She said as she looked around the room then back to Dumbledore who was standing there with a concerned look on his face.

"It's alright my dear." He said taking a seat on the bench in the tower. He patted the seat next to him, motioning for her to join him on the bench. "It's ok to lose it once in a while. It happens to the best of us. The tower can be fixed, I'm more worried about you."

"I don't know what's happening professor." She said leaning her elbows on her knees and dropping her head into her hands. "I'm getting these- these nightmares, and they're not stopping." She said as the tears built up in her eyes again.

"Can you show me?" He asked.

She simply nodded silently and rose her hand up to his head, planting her memories into his mind.

He sat silently for a few minutes, watching her dreams play in her mind. When he came back to reality he looked stunned.

"Ms. potter, I do not want you to think too much on these dreams. I can tell by looking at you that you are imagining the worst. You are not a bad person." He said patting her shoulder. She could tell he was lying, he looked scared and concerned.

Her future. "It's my future isn't it?" She said looking at her hands. "You can't hide your thoughts from me, professor."

He hesitated before answering, "I'm afraid so my dear."

She sobbed again, "I'm going to kill you and Sirius aren't I?"

He said nothing and held out his arm. "Take my arm."

She did as she was told and they were instantly transported to Dumbledores office. He pulled out his wand and pulled out a memory before putting it in the pensive glass. "Take another look, and listen closely."

She walked to the pensive glass and let her head fall in. She was in Dumbledores office again, but it wasn't the same. Dumbledore sat with professor Trelawny. "I've seen this before." She said walking quickly to the two professors.

"The two with the power to vanquish the dark lord approach. The second born to those who have thrice defied him, both born as the seventh month dies, and the Dark Lord shall mark the second as his equal, but he will have power the dark lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other, for neither can live while the other survives... the first gains power... believed to be with the dark lord until the truth is revealed to him... the two with the power to vanquish the dark lord will be born as the seventh month dies... years apart they maybe but by family they are connected." Trewlany said.

The memory was gone in a flash and she was back in relating before she could even process it.

"Believed to be with the dark lord until the truth is relieved to him." She said aloud as she saw Dumbledore looking at her curiously. "What does that mean?"

"I'm not entirely sure ms. Potter." He said honestly.

"Am I going to be like- like a spy?" She said thinking harder on it. "Pretend to work with them?"

"That is what I think, but we cannot be certain yet. This is only the beginning, we need more time to be sure."

"D-do you think I will have to kill you in the end?" She said as her heart rate increased.

He was silent, he looked at her with a sympathetic look. "In the end, yes."

Her breathing increased quickly, she was panicking. "I- I can't do that- I would never be able to- professor please. I cant do this." She said pacing the room. "I could never be able to do this I can't kill someone- especially you. Even if it's to earn his trust I-" she started crying again.

"Merlin, I'm so sick of crying." She said wiping her tear away violently. "I'm sorry professor. I can't be the right person. I'm not a strong person, I can't handle these powers." She said making a ball of energy to show him what she meant, she quickly put it away. "It's too much sir- and I can't talk to anyone about it. I can't even tell my brother and he's my best friend."

Dumbledore watched her sadly as she broke down, he knew how hard this must be. "Ms Potter, come to my office next Friday, and bring your brother. I believe I can find a way to help you." He said sympathetically putting a hand on her shoulder. "As for your nightmares. I have prepared a potion, I made it while you were in the pensive." He said walking to his desk and grabbing a large vile from his desk. "This will stop the nightmares for now." He said handing her the potion.

"Thank you sir." She said wiping her tears again.

"Go to bed dear, don't think too much about the future. Focus on now and live in the moment." He said with a kind smile.

She walked out of the large office and into the hallway. As soon as she was positive no one could see her, she transported herself back into bed dorm where she saw her best friends sleeping quietly.

Before she got bad in bed she took a glass of water and her potion then climbed in bed for a peaceful nights sleep. The first peaceful sleep in days.