Fifty Seven | The Moment I Knew

(y/n)'s POV:

"Matty! Casey!" I yelled, shaking Matty's bowl in the air, a hand on my waist. "Breakfast!"

I have been calling both of my pups for ten minutes and I haven't even started on my own breakfast yet. Usually they'd be running at my first call or trailing behind me since it's only the start of the day. It was weird to not go through a fixed routine. Today was my birthday and I would be celebrating it here in NYC... in my apartment. Me and Sebastian spent the last month back in LA and decided to move into the apartment to spend Christmas with our families. Speaking of Sebastian, I haven't seen him... actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I haven't seen one living human being (that was not me) for the hours I've been awake.

I know, I don't like that much attention, especially on my birthday or something thats magically about me, but I appreciate people who remember it. So far, that's no one. Even the pups are missing! I place the bowl on the marble counter and let it clatter, the sound practically echoing throughout the whole house. The cats are still at Mom's, so they're not here either...

Speaking of my mom...

I pull out my phone and walk out of the kitchen, calling out for the pups. I tapped on her contact, checking around the furniture for a puff of fur.

"Hello?"

"Mom!" I grinned, standing up straight. "Hi, it's (y/n)."

"Oh, (y/n)— happy birthday baby!"

I grinned. "Thanks Mom. I actually have something to ask you. I can't see the pups anywhere. Or like... anyone? Sebastian's practically abandoned me here and I haven't seen another human being besides me."

"Well... it's already... eleven AM. Maybe he's at the gym? I'm at the hospital doing my rounds. Gigi and your father are actually coming over to set up for the celebration."

"Celebration?" I repeated. I know I should've seen this coming but then again... "Mom, you guys know I appreciate everything you do for me but you know I don't like the parties and—"

"The attention, yes, I know. You're not my daughter if you did. But it only seemed right to throw one! Besides, it's just a small, close friends and family celebration. Even the Evans are coming!"

"Chris is in New York?"

"Well, I know that Lisa and Scott are at Carly's. I don't know about Chris though."

My heart sunk a little bit. "Oh... well, uh, how about the dogs? You don't think Seb took them out or anything?"

"I don't think so, try asking your neighbors. If the pups accidentally got out of your apartment, they wouldn't have let them out the building. I've got to go honey, I'll see you later."

"Alright. Thanks mom. I love you."

"I love you too. Ba-bye sweetheart."

I blowed out a breath and left my phone on the table, going into my room to slip on some black leggings, a gray coat, and some boots over my gray dress.