Eighty-Five | It's Love That Feels Like Home

A warm cup of coffee sits on the kitchen counter, abandoned as Sebastian stares past it, eyes settled on something completely hidden from the view of anyone who decided to pass the kitchen by at this hour. Warm, hazel brown eyes stared back at him innocently, mimicking the brunet as he tilts his head to one side.

Sebastian reaches over to his plate and tosses him a singular piece of bacon. "It's a good thing he's charmingly sweet."

"Course he is, he's Dodger," Chris replied coolly. Sebastian looks over at the blond, an eyebrow cocked up questionably so. Chris let out a sigh, hands out before him. "Adopting Dodger wasn't an impulsive decision, I promise."

"No, no, I'm just curious how you adopted him?"

"What do you mean?" Chris asked.

"Come on, man, you adopted him in Georgia. Judging by the fact that I'm learning about Dodger from you and not on the news, I'm a hundred percent positive that you had some inside help." Seb titled his head to the side, gesturing to the eager brown pile of fluff.

"Uh, I got Jamie to help."

"Jamie? Jaimie-Jaime?" Sebastian asked unsurely. "Jaimie your manager?"

Chris looked over to Dodger for a split second, as if asking him for his permission, before nodding his head proudly. "Yes, sir."

"No, see, this is why I'm so curious."

It wasn't that Jamie was a bad PA/manager, it was that Jaimie was just strict enough to tell Chris to 'no'. It was a definite challenge,  especially since Chris was such a persuasive person when he really wants something, but Jamie made sure he didn't stray too far and get distracted by anything. It was amazing how she kept things in order, everything adjusted to the tiniest bit that he just ended up following through. 

The obedience it took to let Jamie so much as consider letting him adopt a dog from the vet (y/n) shot her movie in. Nothing would seem too suspicious. PR could handle a few fan flames, but of course, not mentioning this to you of course, but would anyone really watch your film?

"Alright... our Jaimie..." Sebastian asked quietly, watching as Dodger bounced on his paws towards the living room, sniffing his way around the furniture and familiarizing himself with his new surroundings. "Who knows so far?"

"Just... us..."

"Really? Just us? I doubt that--"

"DODGER!?"

Chris swallowed, his head pointed in the direction of the whispered yell. Sebastian looks back at Chris, a small smirk tugging on his lips. "Yeah. Just the three of us... so far."

Sebastian raised his eyebrows at the scene. "I'm just surprised you managed to keep this big of a secret from her... for this long."

You walk into the kitchen with Dodger in your arms, his head tilted up to give you all his excited morning kisses, his tail wagging like a broken metronome. "You guys brought Dodger home?" you ask in awe, placing the sweet pup down. He runs off for a moment to the living room, coming back with his rope toy in his mouth. Sebastian sighs and takes a good sip of his coffee.

"Jamie adopted him for me and took him home herself."

"Really? Is that why she called me?" you asked while Dodger nudged the rope toy into your hands, excitedly bouncing with each nudge. He barked once, causing you to immediately bend down and shush him, abiding to his wishes of playtime.

"She never told me she called you." Chris trails off, unsure. You shrugged, continuing to play with the jumpy puppy.

"Better tell Lisa though, she sees some random dog running around the house, you're pretty much done for." Sebastian teased. Chris rolls his eyes at the him.