Seventeen | But For Now

Sebastian's POV:

"So... uh, I got called."

To be completely honest, cause I know I'm not 90% of the time, this is not how I was supposed to tell (y/n). I'm casted for an ABC Studio original series. Well... I think it's an ABC original series, and it's this mix of a modern fairytale series... and I'm casted as the Mad Hatter. And I'm once again bringing (y/n) in on it.

We're currently in my room doing costume rehearsal for a history lesson for a children's hospital tomorrow morning. And we're going as Bonnie and Clyde, again. We went as Bonnie and Clyde for Halloween, so... I don't know why I'm doing this. I mean, it's great since there will be little kids around, but I usually don't... go all out. But since (y/n)'s in on it, guess I'm gonna have to do it. I mean, it's only fair since I drag her to cast as minor characters in my own shoots.

"Called to what?" she hummed from behind me, her hands careful not to stab me with the needle as she stitches up a new button my jacket's tail.

"I've got... this, uh, shooting for a new series. Like a modernized fairytale characters and I want you in on it." I say rather quickly. I was so embarrassed to ask her. She's my freaking best friend for crying out loud! I shouldn't even be this nervous. She's silent for a while as I watch her snip the thread from my jacket. She stands up and observes it.

"It sounds like something I'd watch behind your back." (y/n) laughed, putting her hands on her waist, looking at me through the mirror. "Who're you playin'?" she asked while moving in front of me in search of any loose stitches or buttons.

"Um, the Mad Hatter." I reply, looking down at her. She pokes up chin up with her index finger, silently scolding me to look straight. I let my eyes avert towards her as she looks up briefly. "Be the Alice to my Mad Hatter doll?"

As cheesy as it sounded, it definitely did not sound like that in my head. It sounded better. Sweeter. Platonic.

Jesus.

"Well, you're being the Clyde to my Bonnie," (y/n) started, giving my collar a couple tugs, glancing up at me. "So why the fuck not?" she grinned, giving me a firm pat to my chest. "Welp, we're done here. When does shooting start anyway?" she asked, casually putting away her swing supplies, like nothing of intimacy just happened. Or is it just my head..? I try clearing away those ridiculous thoughts and helped her bring the sewing box and that mannequin that had my costume on downstairs. I still had the coat on, (y/n) had a box of her 'old timer' clothes .

"Give or take three weeks." I say as I leaned over to set down the mannequin just in front of the couch. I turn to the (e/c) eyed beauty, crossing my arms over my chest. "They're sending me the script tonight and we're only going to be guesting, so it won't really take long. Maybe... I don't know, four to six episodes?"

"Hm. And your Alice?" she smirks, leaning on the back of the couch, putting up an English accent. She was just leaned back in between me and the couch, head tilted in a cute way, small hands supporting herself from sliding off it.

I get into character and smile, leaning over slightly to caress her cheek, forcing a slight British accent out of me. "Well darling, whats the Mad Hatter without his darling Alice?"

We stay like that for a few seconds before ending up in laughter, falling forward into each other. Can't believe I was lucky enough to have her as my best friend. (y/n) puts her hands on my chest and pushes me off in a playful manner, walking towards the kitchen.

"You have a point Stan." (y/n) laughed, going for the fridge. I obviously follow like a lost puppy, sitting on the dining table as she rummages through the fridge for something. There's a case of beer and various Tupperwares of food. "Oh, Chris called, by the way," she stated, handing me a cold beer bottle. "He's bringing me to Boston in a couple months, wanted to know if you want to tag along."