Thirteen | Sleepovers and Surprises

During the ride, the kids decided that they wanted to eat in the car, which caused up to get takeout instead. I mean, I'm not one to complain, all kids have their own little weird kinks, they prefer eating in closed and familiar spaces. Besides, it'll make getting PJ's at the store faster but that also meant that I couldn't eat my food right off the bat.

Like texting and driving, eating and driving is just as illegal... and unsafe.

Speaking of eating, we got four Happy Meals and a regular.

Yes, you read it right, we got four Happy Meals and surprisingly enough, the fourth one wasn't mine.

And last time I checked, I had three nephews. All angels, not taller than me by a fucking foot and then there's my very good friend, Chris.

Who is, in fact, taller than me by a foot.

To be honest, I don't even know why he wanted one, but I'm not to judge. I mean, I literally just said I didn't feel like ordering a Happy Meal for myself, soooo...

But it's not a problem anymore.

Not that it was a problem in the first place.

I found out that Chris actually had his own little collection of Happy Meal toys and he's very proud of the collection. 'It's vintage', he claims proudly, having at least three or four different toys from each year. And now the kids want to see it.

Well...

Most of the kids.

Joshua still wasn't comfortable with the whole idea of Chris and him being there in the closed space with us and I still didn't know why. I dip a finger full of fries in the little ketchup container and shove it in my mouth quickly. The stop light suddenly flashes red as pedestrians start to walks cross the white striped lane, the cars in front me stopping as well.

I took it as a go sign to eat my food, cause I was starving as fuck. As I grab another finger full, the kids start yelling.

"Auntie Cat!"

And because I have nephews, they come first.

"What's up speed racer?" I ask, sucking off the little ketchup stains on my fingertips, peering at the twins from the front mirror.

Robin, who is seated by the window, raises his Happy Meal toy, which is still in that McPlastic that was so McFucking untearable. "I can't!" he pouts.

Before I could take it from him, the light turns green, forcing me to continue driving. I lick my dry lips and turn to Chris, who was just finishing up with his own burger. "Hey, do you mind?"

"Not at all," Chris nodded, crumpling the burger wrapper and turning over to reach to the back, but just before Robin could hand it over to Chris, Joshua suddenly speaks up, pulling himself as far as his seatbelt would let him, reaching for his younger brother.

"No! It's okay!"

I slightly turn my head to glimpse at the little (h/c) haired boy, his hand was outstretched past little Christopher, who was in the middle of the both of them, finishing off his cheeseburger. "Josh?"

"Robin, give it to me. I'll open it for you." Joshua said, not even sparing me a single glance and completely ignoring me. I furrow my eyebrows together in confusion.

"It's no sweat kiddo, you finish up eatin'," Chris smiles, gently taking the toy from Robin and tearing it open with his teeth, putting the trash in an empty take out bag by his feet. Joshua's eyebrows furrowed together at Chris, pushing himself back into his seat with a loud force. I stared at the little boy with a concerned look on my face as he continued to stuff fries into his burger, obviously agitated and angry, but Chris obviously doesn't see it.