Sixty Nine | Death by a Cup of Chicken Noodle Soup

If the last nine days of shooting that underpass scene and practicing both motorcycle stunts and choreo for the fight scenes was hell, then having an on-the-spot interview today after a two-day jet lag recovery was heaven. We weren't prepared for them, but here we are, bodies a tad bit sorer than usual but other than that just perfectly fine.

For some reason, there was a lot of fighting in this movie compared to the rest of the movies we've done in Marvel, which is great because it makes it a little more closer to reality without all the CGI magic powers or the stunt fill-ins; it's a little more authentically... pleasing in a way, but of course, unlike our MCU characters, we weren't really injected with a super-soldier serum that could help us 'do this all day', if you catch my drift.

After the well-deserved rest of flying and driving back and forth to locations every day, we are finally back to business in the Marvel studio here in Atlanta. If I can remember clearly, our last shoot was near the Paul-Löbe-Haus, a government building that you could see in the Reichstag connected by two pedestrian bridges over the River Spree to the Marie-Elisabeth-Lüders-Haus, where we had shot one of the most successful shootings I have done yet.

The motorcycle scene of course had to be done with various protective gear underneath the original attire I had on, same with Chris, Seb, and Chadwick. Chris was very cooperative and without his cooperation, we'd probably still be in Berlin trying to perfect the shot; managing his weight and mine whenever we had to make complicated turns, keeping steady behind me while I drove. I was an average driver on the motorcycle and of course, I had to be trained to be better, but even with all the lessons and practice, we still took precautions by letting Vina and Adam take over scenes where our characters had to actually be fast.

Other than that, the Russos and the editing team had managed to make me look like a professional biker real enough that it would have my Poppa cursing back and forth in several foreign tongues, God rest his soul. And just like that, movie magic, you wouldn't know who was who during this take and that.

Still fresh of a shocker to all of us that know me, Chris, and Seb, I was paired up with said men for the on-the-spot interview, as requested by the GMA news team that surprise-visited us. Naturally, the Russos knew, the whole crew knew, heck, Carter and Allen knew, but they didn't tell us for some reason. But we were Avengers level prepared, so it was fine. Set photos were already scattered on the net by official news media, an interview would really have people hyped up and inflamed with the anticipation of this film. It was all just marketing strategy, tons of benefits for both parties, and damn were they good. How they even convinced Marvel and the Russos will forever remain a mystery to me.

I was still in the black short-sleeved shirt, ripped jeans, and boots when the interviewer finally joined us in one of the conference rooms we were going to start shooting in, a casual get-up as were Chris, Mackie, and everyone else. We wouldn't be giving too much away. One of the costume designers had come in to take off the collar so we wouldn't give away too much of the scene we were doing to the media and what I've heard from around set, the GMA news team would also follow through the next few scenes to get the coverage they want and give us the promotion we need before Marvel drops another trailer bomb on the fans. This wouldn't be featured until a few days after we were halfway through with the airport scene.

"Hey," a voice interrupts. I snap my head back and see Sebastian in a black shirt, jeans, and boots, still sporting his fake cuts and faint bruises, peeking into the room.

His Henley was on one of the swivel chairs here, having removed it before both of the boys went out to get a few things for the short break they gave us. I see the three styrofoam cups he has balanced out on a small rectangular serving tray while he walks in.