Sixty Six | The Modern Avengers

Later that night, you were in Lizzie's trailer telling both women about what happened on your birthday and what Mackie was possibly talking to Chris about... without telling them all the details. With Scarlett and Lizzie's hair dyed the way it was, it was harder to not imagine if this was what the Avengers would actually be doing in their day-to-day, non-crime fighting hours.

It took your mind off of things and you liked the scenario you were putting together in your head.

"Sebastian confessed to you... like, what, October? We were doing Age of Ultron press weeks after, what happened with Chris? Did he like, find out? Did you tell him during press? Something, anything?"

You and Chris were partnered a lot for more views on interviews and shows and also since it was either you and Scarlett, which were a very uncontrollable duo and you pretty much had to be balanced, or Chris and Hemmy, who were just as childish and chaotic. So to prevent Chris from having many interviews with... well, Chris (Hemmy), they paired you two together while Scarlett ended up occasionally partnered off with Mark because of the chemistry and bond. You and Chris were only paired together because your characters' relationship in the MCU was surprisingly one of the things fans were excited to canonically reveal itself.

"I don't... I don't know when he found out but he did eventually," you answered her truthfully. "I never asked about it but we made up, like I said, the morning after my birthday. I went after him and I found him in the new condo and stayed with him 'til morning and Sebastian followed in after..."

There were way too many 'ands'... you squeezed your eyes shut and quietly cursed at yourself as Scarlett eyes you suspiciously to continue. "Then?"

"What then?"

"Did you three talk? Those two were in a bit of a... how do I put this? They arrived at the exact time me, Mackie, and Dot were about to leave and I could feel the tension... so I'm guessing they both found out. What happened the morning after?"

"We... all talked."

"Then?"

"It's all good now." you answered. Simply, shortly, just four words and those two wonderful women you've known for years loose their shit at the same time, groaning out, falling down back into bed. You laughed, loving how excited they were as the story built up, only just to tell them you three 'talked'. It was a story for next time, and there wasn't exactly an established relationship. Maybe next time ladies. Like, at a wedding or something, I dunno.

"That's it? You're all just friends!?"

"Yes."

"Ughhhh!" Lizzie groaned, smacking a pillow into your face. "All that waiting and questioning for nothing!?"

"I did give you guys something," you defend yourself. They both turn to look at you expectantly, only to have it revert to frowns as soon as your face twists into a playful and mischievous grin. "A story. They confess, I turn it down, we talk, we're friends. The end. Happily ever after."

Scarlett groans loudly, kicking her legs like a petulant child, letting them dangle off the bed while Lizzie throws another pillow at you. You shake your head at your friends and picked your phone up on one of the surfaces, leaning down to pick up the discarded pillows, standing up. "I'm gonna go back to my trailer. You ladies have a good night."