Fourteen | Sleepovers and Surprises 2.0

We got home in less than ten minutes cause I'm the one who drove us home and also because (y/n) wanted to finish her McDonald's with the kids, who played with their Happy Meal toys, leaving Chris to sit in the passenger's seat next to me.

Chris was currently in the garage getting the air mattress since we all decided to have our little sleepover in the living room, which was spacious enough to fit all of us if we moved the coffee table to a safe spot. (y/n) was making macaroni and cheese in the kitchen and Joshua was keeping her company. I was fixing up our little tent fort thing with the stand up lamp and the couch cushions with the twins.

The twins handed me the white sheet as I threw it over the lamp, setting it up to form a makeshift tent.

"Are you guys boyfriends?"

If I was drinking water right now, I would've most probably choked and died. So, with the absence of the said basis fluid of all living things, I fuckin' choked on my spit. "W-wha?" I asked, a series of cough following by. Both of the twins climbed up the couch, pushing the sheet behind it.

"Are you and Auntie Cat and Chris boyfriends?" they repeated.

Honestly, that would be such an adorable question if it didn't involve any of us, but the universe plays with us, and it kinda did have all three of us involved. How was I supposed to answer that? No idea. So, my one resort: reverse psychology. "W-what do you mean boyfriends?"

That... that wasn't reverse psychology.

Top shrugged his shoulders, fiddling with his toy, eyes never averting for a split second to look at mine. "Well, it only used to be you and Auntie Cat."

"And then Chris came and it wasn't just us anymore." Robin says, toppling over his brother's lap, reaching for one of the throw pillows on the floor.

"You even hugged him after hugging Auntie Cat!" Top pops up again. I chuckled and propped my arm up on the couch, resting my head on it.

"What's wrong with hugging?"

"Boys can't hug boys," Robin says, playfully sticking his tongue out. "It's too lovey dovey."

"Yeah! So we guessed you guys were boyfriends if you went around hugging." Top finished off. I shook my head playfully, leaning forward.

"Well, I didn't kiss him now did I?"

"Uh, not exactlyyyy~" they both trail off. I laugh and lunge at them, my hands flying to their sides. "No! Bas, stopp!"

Chris came over with the deflated mattress and laid it in front of the television. As I turned to glance at him the twins took it as an opportunity to pin me down. One on my shoulders and back, the other on my legs.

"You guys have a pump for this thing?" Chris asked, leaning on his hand extended to the wall, laughing as I tried to stand up.

"Yeah, it's in the garage," I reply, holding the kid on my shoulders to make sure he didn't fall off. "In one of the boxes with the soccer balls and stuff! Shouldn't be hard to miss." I yell after him. Chris chuckled again, turning to us before he opened the door to the garage, hand resting on the silver door knob.

"You sure you don't need help Stan?"

"If you can return in the next three minutes, I think you'll get a glimpse of my face before I'm sent to kiddy jail."

"Survive five minutes, I just might bail you out." Chris chuckled, before continuing his way to the garage. I pretend to struggle against the twins again and fall limp, closing my eyes and sticking my tongue out to pretend to be 'dead'.