Sixty Four | It Doesn't Get Better Than This

⚠️ VIOLENCE TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️
Spoilers to "Captain America: Civil War"

General POV:

"Zheya? (y/n)? Come on darl, somebody for Stevie?" he pleads, hand clutched in yours.

Those damned ocean eyes, deep pools of every shade of blue imaginable in the brown and grey world of the 1930's. She tilts her head, squinting an eye at the tall brunet.

"You ever just thought that maybe Stevie isn't interested Barnes?"

"I've drawn you one too many times (n/n)." he taps his pencil on the worn, yellowish pad of paper, sitting on an open window sill as morning light passes through the square opening, shining through thin white curtains. "People are gonna think I'm infatuated with a gal like you."

"That's why you have Bucky you punk."

"You just want me to ogle him." the blonde rolled his eyes playfully.

"What else am I supposed to waste my film on?"

"(y/n) am I glad to see another woman on the force." she smiles, the flash of pearly whites and the comfort of a foreign yet all-too-familiar accent slips past bright red lips, the powerful click of heels synchronizing to a stop as she meets up with (y/n).

"Agent Carter, am I delighted to see a familiar face."

"Agent Sousa says you've handled more guns than you can count on your fingers. And passing word from the camp says The Howlies miss you just as much."

"Aah, these men," (y/n) chuckled softly. "They all flatter me to a great extent and I love them nonetheless, what I've heard is how you're going to teach me how to break more bones in heels and a Fedora than any other agent."

"As long as you can name each of them for me as I do."

"I'd be delighted. Shall we?"

"You sure 'bout that (y/n)?" he asks (y/n) as she stares right back into the pod, similar to Dr. Erskine's metal rebirth pod, clutching close to her heart the dog tags of her late father.

She turns to the man and puts on her bravest, most true smile. "Howard, I can do this. For the future of SHIELD."

"La Sirena, the girls won't be needing you until the next season. For the meantime, HYDRA will take you to the soldier and you shall continue your duties from there. Am I understood?"

She straightens her shoulders even more, eyes forward as she relaxes her stance, calming her aura. "Understood madame."

"You knew him... the soldier. Do you not?"

Her eyes flash (f/c), her hands bound together behind her back but her fingers not as she casts a silent spell on the other agents in the room, trying to mask her glow with (e/c) as she stares right back at the head agent. "No. My purpose is to guide his mission and make sure it comes out successful. No witness, no suspects, a peaceful death if deemed innocent. Nothing more, nothing less."