Sixteen

BLAKE'S POV

If I could explain the law firm: Huge. Very huge. Remembering everything I saw was too much for my brain to handle. I couldn't believe that's where I'll be working.

Hell, I couldn't believe everything that's happened in the last few days led me to my dream job. I blocked out the fact I'd be working for criminals. I didn't want to think about that right now. The fact I was going to put my degree to use was all I cared about.

I finished a delicious steak that Roman's chief cooked for me. It was best taste I've had in my mouth in a while.

Roman. I couldn't get our kiss out of my head. He was such a good kisser. I couldn't believe I let myself give in to him. I can't let that happen anymore. I just can't.

I sat at the kitchen table as I was on the phone with Rae telling her about everything that happened so far.

"You're kidding! You kissed Roman Ferrari." She yelled into my ear. " Roman Ferrari!"

"It wasn't like that. It wasn't supposed to happen." I said rubbing my neck.

She ignored my defense. "And the whole fiancé thing is crazy! You're about to be the richest bitch and I'm so jealous." She laughed.

"Yeah, that's more than crazy. It's unexpected and just a stunt, it's not like we're actually getting married. I don't know what's going through Roman's head right now."

"Obviously you." I could tell she was grinning through the phone.

I laughed. "Yeah whatever. I'm going to try and see if he'll allow you over. I miss you!"

"A guy named Colton gave me some key card to show the guys at the gate. Roman allowed it."

My mouthed opened with surprise. "Wow. I didn't know that."

"I'm starting to love this fiancé of yours." She giggled.

"Fake fiancé." I reminded her.

She laughed. "I heard about your father. I can't believe he'd do something like this."

I hesitated, I wondered who told her, probably Colton. But I didn't want to talk about him. I just couldn't think about him right now. By my silence Rae caught on pretty fast.

"Any hot men there I could grab onto? Colton is pretty hot too."

She sure did know how to make me laugh. We talked for an hour about movies and new songs that came out. We never had to force any kind of conversation, we connected easily.

"How's the club doing?"

"More booming than ever. Ever since what happened, people are showing up expecting a gun fight staring Roman Ferrari." She exaggerated with a laugh.

I shook my head. Are people that crazy to want to be involved in a gun fight.

"Wow. I can't believe that." I said shaking my head.

"Believe it sister. I have a shift in a couple hours. Call you tomorrow?"

"Of course. I'll be looking forward to it."