Twenty One

ROMAN'S POV
*A couple hours before*

"This is so exciting sweetie. I'm glad y'all have decided to go ahead and get married." My mom said as she pulled out thick books of photos from her bag. She pulled out so many they almost filled the dining room table, and the table was pretty big. Each book was different. Some were all about flowers, others wedding dresses, and some venues.

"Mom, this is unnecessary." I didn't think she'd go all out, but what did I expect. She loves planning events.

She glanced at me while rolling her eyes. "Stop talking back to your mother and go get Blake, we need to get this planning started. We don't need to waste any more time."

"She's working."

My mom's face lit up. "And a hard-working woman. What else can I love about her?"

There's probably a couple I could name that I loved-, correction, liked. I didn't love anything or anyone, but my family and empire. It was all I cared about. Even though I couldn't get Blake out of my head, I'd never admit to her how I feel. I couldn't form it into words, that wasn't the kind of person I was.

"Well, we can get things ready later." She started flipping through a few more photos before she paused. "Oh, did I tell you that your dad's side of the family is coming to town?" She bit her lip.

I stood, crossing my arms. "No."

"No?" She looked up at me concerned.

"They're not allowed here, you know that."

She sighed. "Honey."

"Mom, you know how they are."

Racist. They were racist as hell. When my father was ruling the empire way before I did, his family stayed here and still lived in the past. They couldn't get over the fact the world had changed and believed black and white mixed.

When I took over, they we're kicked out immediately because of their racist ways. I'd never tolerate people like that. My father was pissed, but I was in charge, so it was my decision.

"Who authorized that, because I sure as hell didn't."

"I did." I heard my father's voice behind me.

I turned, facing him. That bastard. "You had no right. You can't just overthrow my authority."

"This was my empire once too son, I have every right." He responded putting his hands in his pocket.

"This is my empire now, not yours." I stepped in his face. "What I say goes and I say no."

My father didn't back down looking me straight in the eyes. "They've changed." He said firmly.

I laughed shaking my head. "You're full of shit if you think that's true."

"Excuse me?" He got closer in my face.

"You two stop it! Roman go sit down and look through those pictures! And Ruein, a word." My mother spoke seriously eyeing us down.

I didn't have the time to get into it with her, so I looked my father up and down one last time before walking toward the table. He had some nerve thinking he could override my power. This was my fucking empire, not his anymore.