Thirty Four

BLAKE'S POV

I walked back and fourth through the living room hoping my phone was going to ring with Roman's name on it. It's been 3 hours since he left and I haven't heard anything so far.

"He should be fine." Nora said while drinking I assumed to be wine.

"And you all always say that, but what if he really isn't!" I shot back.

She raised her hands. "Okay, how about we give it another hour and we'll see if we can reach him?"

I nodded taking a seat on the couch.

"Just take a deep breath." Rae said placing her hand on my thigh.

Rae was now currently living at the empire. She flew down here days before I was released from the hospital in Romania and ended up falling in love with the empire. I was surprised she willingly wanted to stay here.

Most people would've been running out of here once they heard about the things that happens here. But she made sure I knew she'd be here throughout my pregnancy. And she's the best friend a girl can have.

I gave her a smile. I was stressed and I knew this wasn't good for the baby. Deep breaths Blake, deep breaths.

"Oh I forgot your gift!" Rae smiled.

"Gift?" I raised a brow.

"Christmas was last week." She giggled.

My mouth dropped. I've been so occupied with everything else I forgot about my favorite holiday.

She pulled out a picture of us with a bracelet attached to it.

"Sorry it isn't much."

"No this is, beautiful. Thank you Rae." I hugged her.

"I'm glad you like it."

"I'm sorry I didn't get you anything. Everything's been so overwhelming and with the baby, I just-."

"Baby?" Nora raised up from the couch looking between Rae and I.

Shit. I know personally, Nora wouldn't gossip about my pregnancy. But I didn't mean to slip it out like that either.

I faced her, giving an apologetic look. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. Roman and I didn't want a lot of people to know yet. Safety reasons."

I thought she'd be mad and walk off, but instead she approached me giving me a hug.

"I can't believe I'm going to be an aunt." It sounded like she was about to cry.

Rae joined in on the hug and I felt so loved. I didn't think about Roman anymore, my mind was occupied. Nora and Rae started talking about baby showers and maternity shoots. They were more excited than I was. I was more nervous than anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ROMAN'S POV

Fuck. I rolled onto my back as I coughed from all the smoke surrounding me. I can't believe I walked into a fucking trap.

"Anyone...copy?" I spoke in the ear piece.

"I hear you loud and clear." Colton's voice ringed in my ears. Relief washed over me. "Are you and team A okay?" He asked.