Thirty nine

FINAL CHAPTER

________________________________________

BLAKE'S POV

I was released from the hospital around midnight. Maybe because this was my first pregnancy, but i believed something was wrong once I felt strong pains in my stomach. I panicked. But I learned it was quite normal and there was nothing to worry about.

I knew Roman's doctors would report right to him if they knew what was going on with me. So the best option I could think of was going to the hospital. But even that back fired on me.

I laid in bed for 3 hours worrying if Roman was safe or not. I didn't get a text or call. I was too nervous to try and call myself. Him not calling me was already a red flag, but him not picking up the phone could mean something worse. I was better off waiting, but the stress from it couldn't be good either.

As I couldn't bare to keep myself up any longer, I dozed off.

I rolled from my side onto my back as the sun beamed on my cheeks. I looked over to read the clock said 11am. I slept longer than I intended too.

I looked to my left to see Roman peacefully sleeping beside me. A rush or relief filled my body as I felt a tear run down my face. Why didn't he wake me or tell me he was here. I wanted to hug and kiss him, but he was sleeping so peacefully I didn't want to wake him.

I tried to quietly get out of bed but his voice stopped me.

"Come here."

I turned around to see his eyes on me. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"You didn't."

I rolled back over to where we faced each other.

"Are you okay?" He placed a hand on my stomach,

"I am, just cramps, it's normal according to the doctors."

"Next time something like this happens, I want you to go to my doctors."

"I will, I just didn't want to bother you and wanted you to focus on your mission."

He cupped my chin with his hand. "You're more important to me. I'm learning to be a better person and now husband. I care about you Blake, I really do and that's not normal for me to care for someone."

"I love you." I said placing a kiss on his lips.

"I love you." He kissed me back.

I pulled back. "I shot Verona." I said quickly to get it out the way.

His eyes widened as he opened but closed his mouth. "When?"

"Yesterday. It was a accident. I wanted to tell you. I feel so guilty for it even though she deserved it. She recovered from it and I'm sure she'll come after me."

"You're a little angel. But she deserved it and trust me if she even tries to touch you, I might have to finish the job." He winked.

I shook my head with a chuckle. "What happened tonight?" I asked.

"Your parents are in the basement. I got him. I finally got the fucker."