Twenty Three

BLAKE'S POV

I walked back and forth as I didn't know what to do. Roman still hasn't made it to the bunker with the rest of us and it's been an hour. I was worried about him, and my heart ached without him in my presence. Maybe before I couldn't admit it, but I care about Roman.

I was stuck with his family and Verona but stayed far away. The bunker was wide enough for everyone to have their own space. There were about six bunkers all around the empire for everyone to fit in, in case of emergencies, which I was quite impressed by. But only Roman's main people we're in this one.

Nora was by my side as I stressed if Roman was okay or not. Everyone else we're either on their phones or talking to one another. Nobody looked as stressed as I did in this moment. Was this normal for them?

"Sit before you stress yourself to death." Nora said grabbing my arm.

I sat as I put my face into my hands. "Why is it taking him so long."

Nora shrugged. "I'm sure he's fine, don't worry."

I looked at her, running my hand through my hair. How could she be so sure. What if he wasn't. What if he was hurt? Or something tragic happened to him. Or... okay maybe I need to stop thinking like this. He should be fine.

"Why is everyone so calm right now?" I questioned looking around the room. His mom and dad were having a normal conversation. His grandparents were playing board games with his cousins, while Verona was being the bitch she was arguing with another girl and other people I didn't recognize talked among themselves.

"Because Roman knows how to protect himself. And he'd do whatever to protect everyone in this empire, so we're safe." She reassured me.

But was he safe? I felt uneasy by her response. He'd put his life on the line for all the people who lived here, his people. Maybe he wasn't as selfish as I thought.

Tara approached us, giving me a small smile but ignoring Nora. "Hey girl. How are you feeling?" She directed her attention toward me.

Nora rolled her eyes. "Bitch." She mumbled.

I gave a weak smile. "Trying to stay sane."

"Roman's tough. I'm sure he's okay." She responded. "He knows how to stay safe. If you need anything just let me know."

I gave her slow unsure nod as she touched my shoulder before walking away.

Nora chuckled as she crossed her arms. "Don't think she's serious with her sympathy."

"What do you mean?"

"She's trying to get on your good side. She's sneaky. Her and her brother have hotels all around the country, but there tragically failing. They hate that our side of the family is successful. So, they try to sabotage us any chance they get."

"That's terrible." I said shaking my head. No wonder Roman dislike this side of the family so much. And of course, I could name a few more things on why.

The door opened as I quickly stood. Roman walked in with three other men by his side. All the stress I had vanished once his beautiful green eyes met mine. I practically started running toward him, but I was cut off by Verona. She reached him before I did, giving him a hug. I bit my tongue hard trying to keep myself calm. I knew she was trying to piss me off by doing that. Roman's eyes didn't leave mine as he didn't attempt to hug her back. As she pulled back from him, he made his way in front of me. I wrapped my arms around him as I buried my head in his chest. I relaxed as he wrapped his muscular arms around me.