Thirty eight

ROMAN'S POV

Things changed. Life changed. Who would've thought, I'd be married with a baby on the way. This was new. I never cared to make it back home after a mission, especially not for one like this. I was always reckless with my missions, doing as I pleased if the job was done. Killing Luis was my biggest goal and I didn't care if I died doing it. But now I have something-, someone to care for. People I need to make it home too.

So tonight, I needed to be safe.

"We're approaching the spot boss." Colton spoke.

Blake's childhood spot. It was an old playground that had a garden beside it. This was a public spot, houses weren't too far from it. There were 2 houses for rent and we rented them out just for this. We couldn't look suspicious, so acting like home owners we're the best disguise but I knew Luis would get messy if he needed too. It was 10 of us in each house.

"Does anyone have eyes on her?" I asked Kade through my ear piece.

He was my top sniper, and was hidden on top of a house with eyes on the garden.

"No site of Luis, but she's approaching now. Just 3 men with skull tattoos by the garden right now." Kade reported back.

"You sure none of them are Luis?" I asked.

"Cant be sure."

"Let me know if anything happens."

I ran a hand down my face. The plan was for Blaire to meet Luis at the spot and distract him enough for us to move in and kade to take the shot. I prayed to make sure this works. Luis was a smart and difficult man all in one. If this backfires, we'll have non-stop threats on our backs.

"You good?" Colton asked.

"Stressed. If this mission doesn't go right, then I don't know what to do next." I admitted.

"You'll figure something out, you always do." He placed his hand on my shoulder. "Now go inside and call your wife. I'm sure she's worried if you made it here or not."

My wife. I have a fucking wife. It sounds crazy as I say the words in my head. I smiled to myself as I pulled my phone from my pocket.

I pressed on her name as I listened to the phone ring.

Nothing.

I continued to call her. I tried to control my posture as I was in the room with 9 other men. I wanted to break something from how pissed I was getting from her not answering.

Could something have went wrong? Did Luis find out our plan and invade the empire? No I couldn't think negative. She's probably sleep or working on something.

I looked around the room. Everyone was having a conversation with one another. None of these idiots could help with this. I found Colton talking to Hunter.

"Colton." I interrupted as I tried controlling my anger. "Blake isn't answering my calls."

"And..?" He chuckled. "She's probably mad at you."

"I'm serious. And, that isn't like Blake. She always answers my calls."

He noticed the distress on my face and turned serious.