Twenty Seven

BLAKE'S POV

Punch. Punch. Duck. Punch twice. Duck twice. I did this rhythm over and over.

Roman was training me, something he finally gave into since I've been asking him a million times. We were in the gym that was located in the basement. It was nice to be in a basement that didn't contain torture.

Roman acted like his wound didn't hurt him. I know he was only stabbed, but if it was me, I'd be in the bed for days recovering. It seemed like he recovered in the matter of two days.

"Okay." I breathed. "15-minute break?"

"You've been asking for breaks every 30 minutes Blake." He pulled his boxing gloves off.

"And?"

He shot me an unpleasant glance. I knew he could be doing more important things right now than teaching me how to defend myself. I was appreciative for it, but damn this was tiring. I didn't think it'd be so exhausting.

"Please." I gave him a pouting look.

He didn't answer as he walked over to the fridge. I was waiting for an answer until he threw me a water bottle.

I smiled. "Thanks."

It was silent as we both gulped down some water.

"Will you teach me how to shoot a gun?" I raised a brow, hoping I wasn't asking too much.

He paused mid sip as he looked up at me. He was wearing just sweatpants, no shirt. His hair was messy, and curls fell over his forehead. I bit my lip as I admired his appearance once again which I've been doing the whole hour we've been in here.

"You think you're ready for that?"

"I do. I should learn soon."

It was the truth. I needed to learn how to protect myself. With all the threats coming my way, it was only right to learn how to use a gun and fight back.

By the look on Roman's face, I could tell he didn't like the idea of it.

"What?" I groaned. "Why are you making that face."

He shrugged.

"That's not an answer." I crossed my arms.

"I'll only do it, if you-." He paused making his way toward me until he was inches from my face. "Marry me, Christmas day."

I held my breath as his lips brushed passed mine. Christmas was in two days. I know I wanted this, I wanted to ruin Luis as much as he did, and this was how. But the thought of being married was terrifying. Your wedding day is supposed to be the happiest and most exciting day, but I knew mine would be nothing like that.

"Deal." I was shivering in the inside.

I took a deep breath. I'm getting married. I repeated that over and over until I got tired of the words. This is the only way. Even though being attached to a man you really don't know if you want to be with or not yet wasn't the way I imagined my future.

He smirked. "Follow me."

He led me through the house and outside. I was shocked to see how huge the backyard was. Penelope sure did own a huge ass property. She had an outdoor gun range. A fucking outdoor gun range. My mouth flew open.