Thirty

BLAKE'S POV

My hands were tied back to the chair by one of Luis's men. They didn't tie my feet up and I was surprised. I took the time to actually look around the place I was being held. Earlier I didn't feel the need. The room had dim lights and was the size of a small school gym. I couldn't tell where we were. There were no windows, and 2 doors sat on the right and left. All I smelt was the smell of tobacco.

My body was weak and I was close to passing out again from the pain. Krue didn't give me much pain medicine because she claimed she didn't want to harm the baby. I couldn't tell if she was lying or serious. She was the doctor after all.

I just can't believe I'm pregnant. I can't believe I even let myself fuck up this bad. None of this was suppose to happen, not like this. But this was happening and I had to accept it. I thought of different ways of telling Roman, if I made it out alive. I thought of the face expression he'd make, those green eyes of his lighting up from anger or maybe excitement. I couldn't really know.

I sighed as I looked over to my mother beside me. I still didn't understand why she wasn't tied up like I was. And I wondered why Luis trusted her not to run away.

"What's going on." I asked her.

"They're setting up to go see Roman and-."

"How and why do you know so much?" I cut her off. I needed answer. She's too involved in this for her to hate him.

"What do you mean sweetie?"

"You know what I mean. You know so much about what's going on and why aren't you tied up like me? Are you in on this?"

I really hope she wasn't. If she was I wouldn't know what to do right now. She wasn't the woman I knew growing up, she changed.

She shook her head with a sigh. "Blake. To believe it or not, I was beside your father through the building of his empire, until he turned violent and didn't care about his family anymore, but he was still a caring father and husband. When Ruien took me away, I was relieved, I needed a break from all the violence. I didn't mean to abandoned you at all either, you were old enough to start your own life and I didn't want you involved in this life. Luis still thinks of me as the woman who stood by him all those ages ago, but over the years I've grown to realize his real motives for our family by all the things he's done to us. I was told by Ruein he was dead. So I thought you didn't need to be involved in any of this, but I was wrong."

I wanted to yell and scream. 'Caring father' Yeah right. It's like she was brainwashed. "But, he was never there. He only came when he needed things! Don't you see that? I needed you and you left me behind." I bit my cheek to keep myself from crying.

"And Blake i'm so sorry for that. I should've realized."

I didn't know if I'd forgive her or not. I still needed to think. At this point I was better off without her, but I still missed her and all the times we've spent together. But this wasn't that same loving and caring mother.

"Here." She said, slipping something sharp into my hands. "Just in case you need to protect yourself."

"What is it?" I moved my finger tips around my object.

"A pocket knife. I'm going to get us out of here okay?"

"How did you get this?" I looked at her confused.