Twenty

BLAKE'S POV

I walked quicker than usual back to the firm. Today has been great, beside this morning's events. Since I was the new girl, I was stuck doing all the paperwork nobody else wanted to do, which sucked. Nobody liked interrupting Roman in his office, but I didn't give a fuck. I walked in without permission.

Going through all his files had me completely shocked. He's been to court so many times, I'm surprised he's not locked up yet. Well of course he wouldn't be. He has people to back him up regardless if he committed the crime or not. This job was going to be tougher than I thought. I'm not defending only Roman, but his whole entire empire. Getting them out of trouble for crimes they indeed did commit. This wasn't how I pictured my future, but it's a start. A hard one.

I heard loud footsteps coming closer to me as I picked up my speed. I didn't want to talk anyone, I just wanted to get back to work.

"Can you slow down." Roman's voice ringed in my ears.

"Can you fuck off." I responded walking quicker.

He must have started running, because he grabbed my arm pulling me back into his chest. "I said slow down." He mumbled in my ear.

My body weakened as his body was close to mine. No, don't give in right now Blake. I turned to face him as I crossed my arms. "What do you want? I don't have time for this."

"Make time."

I rolled my eyes. "Look, I don't feel like talking right now. I have more important things to do and-."

His lips connected to mine as my mind went completely blank. His lips were so soft and welcoming. I wanted to wrap my arms around his neck and go deeper, but I couldn't let him win, I just couldn't. I was still pissed at him and if he thought kissing me would solve our problem then he was totally mistaken.

I pushed him back. "Did you really think kissing me would solve me being upset with you?" I huffed.

He ran a hand down his face in frustration. "Look, I didn't mean to just walk off."

"Why." I asked. "Why did you?"

"I didn't think it was that serious."

Maybe it wasn't to him, but to me it was. I hated being ignored, especially when I'm trying to make sure you're okay. He could've told me what's was wrong at-least. If we were going to be playing the faked engaged role, we should communicate too. Or am I taking this too far. Why should I even care if he walks off without talking to me, it's not like we're engaged for real.

"Maybe not to you." I responded.

"I got bad news about your father." He went straight to the point.

I looked down then up to those green eyes I adored so much. "What happened?"

After he explained the whole situation, I was stunned. It was hard for me to believe Geraldo was involved with my father. No wonder Geraldo contacted me so easily offering me a job. The fact my father kept an eye on me made me uneasy. It bothered me more than it should.

But I just knew Roman had to feel angry about being played by my father. I could tell by his face it bothered him. I bit my tongue as he continued talking about how he was close to killing Geraldo.