~Chapter 67~ Talking it Out

Question of the day- Have you found your Manik yet?

I know I haven't. Though I can't wait for the day I do.😂❤️

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The same night

Manik and Cabir entered Malhotra mansion to see Nyonika sitting in the living room. She stood up seeing them and hugged them both.

"Are you guys okay? I know today must have been a tough day for the two of you." Nyonika said.

"Yes mom! We are fine. Aap tension mat lijiye. Where are daadu and dad?" Cabir asked.

"Papa went off to sleep since he was tired and Raj is in the room making some calls." Nyonika replied. They both just nodded their heads in approval.

"You guys go freshen up and I'll set the dinner table till then. Also Manik, Nandini is in her room, get her along with you." Nyonika said seeing Manik looking around for Nandini.

"Yes mom." Both Cabir and Manik replied simultaneously.

Manik entered the room to find Nandini sitting by the closet and folding some clothes.

He took his clothes from the cupboard and moved inside the washroom without saying a word.

Nandini though hurt seeing this, didn't say anything and continued with her work.

Manik came outside dressed in casuals and was about to say something when Nandini hugged him out of nowhere, surprising him.

"I know you're angry and upset and you have all the right to be and it's your decision not to talk to me but you can't stop me from hugging my husband. You don't have a say in that." Nandini said leaning more into him.

Unknown to himself, a small smile spread across Manik's face and he hugged her back without saying a word.

"I missed you." Nandini sighed.

Manik heard her and tightened his hold on her without saying a word making Nandini smile.

They broke the hug after a few minutes and Manik walked towards the door to go down for dinner but stopped.

"Come down and have your dinner." Manik said and then left the room.

Nandini smiled with tears hearing his voice after so long and followed him downstairs.

The dinner was a silent and awkward affair.

"Okay enough. I hate this tension among my kids. I don't care how but I need this sorted soon." Nyonika said in a stern voice breaking the silence.

"Mom yaa!" Cabir whined.

"What mom yaa. I don't want to speak between you kids but I just wanted to let you both know that I hate this." Nyonika said.

"Mom,we get it and we don't like it either. But not everything is as easy as it looks like. I am trying to handle things in a mature way and hopefully things will go back to normal soon." Manik replied.

"Yes mom! Why are you taking so much tension? You trust your kids to do the right thing na? We'll not let things break us apart. Aap stress mat lijiye." Nandini said and got up from her chair to hug Nyonika.

"Yes Nyonika.. Humare bache samajhdar hai.. I know they will get through this" Raj said making everyone smile.