~Chapter 8~ The Answer

Nandini after leaving the cafe started off towards her home when she received a call from her hospital about an emergency case. Even though it was late and she was hell tired from all the days event but she had to go..Not because of the emergency but because she loved her job! She loved saving people's lives and it gave her immense happiness... She rushed inside the OT as the staff had already done all the preparations as instructed by her. After having done yet another successful operation, she walked into her cabin,a smile adorning her face. She forgot all about her anger on Manik and also her tiredness vanished to a great extent just by seeing the patient's family who gave numerous blessings to her. This is what she lived for! It was almost midnight when she reached home and the whole mansion was silent as everyone were probably in their rooms sleeping. But what she failed to realise was that an angry volcano was waiting for her ghar pe because in all the hospital fiasco she failed to inform her family.

She tip toed in to her room not wanting to wake anyone up when she was stopped by a masculine voice and she hit her head as she knew no one can save her from him!

"Nandu.." it was Mahir who never slept without seeing his baby princess and having a small talk with her and a brother is always possessive for his sister anyway.

"Bhai ... Aap soye nahi abhi tak" She asked her brother trying to divert his mind.

"Nahi..Tujhe pata hai na that I cannot sleep without seeing you." he said trying to be normal.

"Haan haan! Sab pata hai mujhe..kaise aap abhi bhi mujhe bachi samjhte ho." She spoke making cute faces trying to melt his anger.

"Choti, don't you dare try to change the topic. Aaj main teri baato main nahi aanewala..What is wrong with you? Kitni baar maine kaha hai not to work late tak.. when will you start listening to me? I know you don't care about yourself but atleast hamare baare main soch liya kar. We were so tensed.... Mujhe mom-dad ko jhoot bolna pada that you are at Karan's place..Yeh sab karne ke baad you say that you are no longer a kid." He started a bit loudly but calmed down seeing her face.

They were talking while heading towards the terrace so as to not wake anyone up.

"Sorry Bhai! But aapko pata hai na that i forget everything when it comes to work. And you should be proud of me..I had a successful surgery yet again..And voh patient ke baare main sochte sochte i forgot to inform you guys! Next time se dhyaan rakhungi pakka..?" She spoke feeling guilty.

"Sorry ki baat nahi hai choti..its just we were worried for you! Voh toh driver ne phone karke inform kardiya warna...also I am proud of you! You are doing a great job and Congratulations for another success..all i want to say ki don't get so much involved with your work that you forget about yourself and also us" he spoke knowing her sister well.

"Thank you soo much Bhai! And haa agli baar nothing of this sort will happen. Nandini Promise! And ab aap gussa karna band karo..You know na that I cannot bear your anger." She spoke making cute faces.

"Haan haan pata hai..chal ab maska maarna band kar..and apni shakal dekhi hai? Bachii"He said teasing her. It's true..a brother's day is incomplete till the time he does not tease his sister!

"Bhai yaar! How mean,main bachi nahi hoon so stop teasing me! Mujhe nahi baat karni aapse jaao!" She huffed crossing her arms across her chest.