~Chapter 50~ Haldi Ceremony

QOTD- How's the quarantine treating you?! Give me ideas to pass this time please. Desperately in need of them.

————————————————————————————————————

Next morning In Malhotra Mansion

Today was the haldi ceremony which was going to take place at their respective places and from today onwards Manik and Nandini were not allowed to meet each other till the wedding time.

Everyone was getting ready for the function while Nyonika was with Manik in his room.

"Manik jaldi kar beta! Niche sab wait kar rahe hai. Teri haldi waha jayegi tabhi Nandini ki haldi waha shuru hogi." Nyonika said to Manik who was standing in front of the mirror.

"Mom! Why this haldi and all baba?! I just can't take the smell of that." Manik said making all annoyed faces.

"Chup kar samjha

"Chup kar samjha. Shagun ka rasam hota hai. Ab chal niche." saying this Nyonika brought him down where the full arrangement was done for haldi ceremony.

Manik was made sit on the small table placed in the middle while all others gathered around him. First Nyonika came and applied haldi on him.

"Waise yeh haldi lagate kyun hai?" Manik asked Nyonika when she was applying haldi to him.

"So that tere bhi chehre da rang teri hone wali dulhan ke tarah khil jaye." Daadu answered him.

"Acha aisa hai kya?! Toh aur lagao and achhe se lagao." Manik said and was going to pull up his kurta when Nyonika held his hand and said "Hatt badmaash." while others laughed.

"Chalo jaldi rasam puri karo phir haldi leke Nandini ke ghar bhi jana hai." Nyonika said.

One by one everyone applied haldi on Manik's face. During all this, Cabir didn't miss to capture every expression of Manik's face be it disgust of the haldi or the laughs. He had also asked Ananya, a cousin of theirs to click pictures when Fab4 applies haldi.