Chapter 21: Mage Association

Behind his emotionless look, Y/N Alter could feel the frustration growing in him. Was it frustration because he had failed to eliminate Merlin? Or it was frustration for being defeated by his counterpart? No, Y/N Alter contemplated failure and accepted the idea of losing one or two battles to win the war.

What irritated him was that his counterpart continued to stand in his way. Mass summoning and a Beast as well as achieving the first True Magic was something he would never have thought of. Not to mention that because of this, the Apocryphal faction had suffered considerable losses.

Y/N Alter sighed deeply. Until now they had always acted in the shadows, manipulating the entire Khaos Brigade. To be more precise, the Khaos Brigade was born from the initiative of the Demon Gods who had managed to survive to the battle of the Grand Temple of Time and who had found refuge in that dimension.

With their residual power and the help of the Holy Grail created through their power, they took the darkness of Y/N and gave it shape. However, the exhaustion was such that the Demon God Pillars fell into a deep sleep and it was then that Merlin decided to intervene and imprison them in an endless dream.

This also frustrated him immensely. Merlin hardly ever acted and now had decided to hinder him. By the Clairvoyance that he and his counterpart possessed and that it granted them the qualifications to be the Grand Caster, Y/N Alter knew that Merlin had already acted in this way and against Beast II with whom he was now allied.

"Those bastards..."

Y/N Alter turned around and saw Jeanne Alter. She too was rather frustrated because her losses had been substantial and her pride as the Dragon Witch had been severely wounded; her fury would not have subsided easily.

"I'll burn those bastards until there's nothing left of them but a pile of steaming ash!" she bit.

"Control your emotions, Jeanne, or they will end up leading you to death," Y/N Alter scolded harshly.

Unlike Y/N Alter who suppressed his emotions, Jeanne Alter did not do the same. Caster Gilles' anger and hatred fuelled her. He was aware that Jeanne Alter was born from the desire of Gilles De Rais to have his "saint" Jeanne.

"Tch," Jeanne Alter frowned, "I hope that devil, Rizevim or whatever his name is, does his job well or I'll burn him to ashes too."

Y/N Alter also hoped so, otherwise Rizevim Livan Lucifer would see what real hell is. Trihexa was the key element of the Y/N Alter plane. Its strength was comparable to Grande Rosso and Ophis. Even though all the pantheons allied to face her, it was impossible for them to defeat her. But this had changed when his damned counterpart had summoned such a large number of Heroic and Divine Spirits and even Tiamat. Beast II was practically immortal as long as there was only one living thing.

"Anyway, why are we still part of the Khaos Brigade?" Jeanne Alter wondered.

"In fact, we're not part of it. We are the true Khaos Brigade," Y/N Alter said and Jeanne Alter observed him extremely confused, "these arrogant idiots are so stupid that they didn't even realize that I manipulated them from the beginning. Drawing on Archer's memories, I have spread information about the actions of the Biblical Faction and the summit with the other Pantheons. When they lost their usefulness, I got rid of them like they were garbage."

An amused smile spread across Jeanne Alter's face. Now she understood the sense of some actions of Y/N Alter as sending a handful of Shadow Servant to the peace conference.

He used the arrogance of the members of the Old Satan Faction to draw out Jesus of Nazareth; he used the ambition of Cao Cao and the Hero Faction to gather sufficient energy from Yasaka. This meant the failure of Cao Cao's plan to summon the Great Red; the Gods of War and those like Loki and Hades served to weaken the enemy forces. And now it was the turn of Rizevim and his faithful cub Euclid. He also revealed to Euclid Lucifuge the location of the Trihexa, the existence of another world, and the role of Great Red as guardian of the Dimensional Gap.