Chapter 18: Beast (Part 2)

Loki was not sure what had gone wrong in the plan or who had interfered with it, but it did not matter now.

What Loki had just suffered was a total defeat; no matter how much he wanted to deny it, he had been defeated by some mortals. Fenrir had been subjugated by PENDRAGON, who had used a sword to subdue Loki's son to his will and turn him against his father, and Miðgarðsormr had been killed by the Chaos Karma Dragon. And even his grandsons had not made a better end, killed by the Chaste Huntress of Greek mythology.

Loki was on the ground, kneeling and looking down as the swords pierced his flesh. He had never seen a complex and deadly magic like Unlimited Blade Works in his entire life.

"What should we do with him now?" Atalanta asked, observing the defeated evil god.

"Death would be the best solution," Scáthach suggested, "it will avoid retaliation in the future"

"But this would not solve the problem with the other Pantheons," PENDRAGON promptly replied, "it is virtually certain that even other deities are in league with the Khaos Brigade"

Scáthach glanced at PENDRAGON. "So what would you propose, Counter Guardian?" she asked.

PENDRAGON turned his attention to Loki and watched him closely.

"Kill me and take the glory, mortal," Loki looked up at the Counter Guardian, looking down at him with contempt. He'd rather die than owe his life to PENDRAGON.

PENDRAGON sighed wearily. He had seen many people who preferred to die rather than live in defeat.

"It's funny to see how the God of Tricks has been deceived," PENDRAGON mocked Loki, "I can only imagine how the other gods are making fun of you right now."

Loki grunted. He didn't need to hear it from a mortal who was being properly manipulated by the other gods.

"You should know that Allfather will not overlook what you have done," PENDRAGON declared, "I do not think the old Norse pervert will execute you, but neither he will forgive you so easily."

"Get to the point, mortal!" Loki spit frustrated.

"Wouldn't you like to get your revenge against the gods who deceived you?" PENDRAGON proposed, fully capturing the attention of the God and the two Heroic Spirits, "I will bring you to the Young Devils Gathering and you will reveal the names of the other deities who are in league with the Khaos Brigade."

Loki would never have said it out loud, but it was a reasonable proposal. If he had sunk, then they would all have sunk with him. It would be a domino effect that would shake the supernatural world.

"If I fall, then so will all the other gods," Loki gloriously smiled, "my vengeance will be tremendous"

-------------------

Was the Sixth Holy Grail War really over?

The answer was "yes", if it was seen as a simple Battle Royal in which took part Seven Masters, accompanied by as many Servants.

But the answer was "no" at the same time.

that every action will create an equal and opposing reaction. The consequences of the Sixth Holy Grail War were again threatening humanity. Although the Holy Grail had been destroyed, the ritual was still ongoing.

Heroic and Divine Spirits who had been branded by humankind as "evils" had returned to walk the earth, threatening humanity with their resentments, and others who had returned to earth to protect it.

This was the Holy Grail War. It was not a war that involved magi and servants. It was a war that involves people that fight to fulfil their desires, no matter how hypocritical or bad they were.