Chapter 3: Pawn

The relationship of Y/N and Mordred was the "normal" relationship that should be between brother and sister. When Mordred learned the truth behind Y/N, she had mixed feelings. If on the one hand she considered Y/N as someone born only to take her place, when she discovered what had happened to the King of the Knights and the man named Emiya Shirou from the aunt (and adopted mother) of Y/N, Illyasviel Von Einzbern, and his Magecraft teacher, Rin Tohsaka, as well as learning that behind the death of Y/N's parents was also Morgan's fault, began to see Y/N as a younger brother.

Mordred took her role as the older sister seriously. In addition, during the period of the Holy Grail War, Mordred began to form Y/N in the way of the sword. Y/N was the son of the King of the Knights and, although born as magus, had to keep the name of the prince of all the knights high. She admitted that Y/N was already at a good level, perhaps thanks to the fact that Y/N had already begun his training under the King of Knights ten years earlier.

"If this Rias Gremory, or whatever she's called, dares to do something like that again, she will receive a lesson that she will never forget," Mordred said, frowning at her forehead with irritation, "I'll show her what real hell is!"

On his way home, Y/N told his sister how Rias Gremory had tried to recruit him into his peerage by making him a devil. Needless to say, Mordred was not happy with this and wished to punish her for even thinking of doing this, but she stayed since Y/N had resolved the situation diplomatically.

"And how dare they call a piece of junk with the same name as the Sword of Promised Victory?!" Mordred protested after learning the story of the seven fragments of Excalibur, "a sword like Excalibur cannot break as if it were butter!"

Y/N nodded because he thought the same thing. If his mother knew about Excalibur, she would have had a heart attack or simply destroyed the fakes, which he would have done himself.

"Anyhow, no one here knows that I am the son of the King of Knights," Y/N said as the two siblings entered a communal garden "I don't trust the church and, in general, all the supernatural creatures of this world so I assumed the false identity of Y/N Emiya"

Mordred nodded and understood why. If the church found out that Y/N was in possession of a Holy Sword that could outdo any holy sword of that size, they would try to snatch it and find a possessor who could manipulate like a puppet to declare war against the fallen angels and devils.

Arriving at the door of the apartment, Y/N opened it. Upon entering, he saw that Xenovia and Irina had changed and were sleeping on a couch.

Slowly, Xenovia was the first to wake them up. "Sorry, I had fallen asleep," she said by making a yawn, "you took you longer than expected."

The look of Xenovia moved from her friend to the armoured knight next to him. "Who is he?" she inquired with suspicion.

"The reason I took so long," Y/N replied, "I met my sister on my way to the supermarket"

Irina, who had meanwhile woken up, approached with confused look. "Didn't you say that your family died and that your foster mother was somewhere in Germany?" she asked perplexed.

"I said that my father and mother died and that my foster mother was somewhere in Germany, but I didn't say anything about my sister," Y/N clarified to Irina.

Y/N said that he and his sister had separated when he moved to Kuoh, but that they kept in touch. He also said that he had accidentally met her on the street when he went to the supermarket. He finally told them that she had decided to pay him a surprise visit.

Mordred listened in disbelief to the lies Y/N told them. It was true that they had separated about three weeks ago and that her summoning was possible thanks to her sword which Y/N used as a specific catalyst for her summoning, but the story he told them was highly altered.