Chapter 8: Aftermath

Y/N was again having that dream that showed the end of the world.

Flames and ruin as far as the eye and smell of death everywhere. Corpses reduced to shreds whose entrails were scattered everywhere. No one was alive. Women, men, young and old as well as devils, fallen angels and angels. No one was spared.

Y/N squeezed his fists as his body trembled with rage.

His family. His friends. They were all dead at the hands of an evil that threatened to incinerate the future of everyone. And yet, there was something different this time. There was no humanoid demonic creature, replaced by a gigantic fiery circle suspended in the air that reminded Y/N in some ways the Holy Grail.

"A bleak spectacle, isn't it?" someone said behind Y/N.

Y/N turned around and saw a white-haired man. He wore a white cloak decorated with flowers of different colours. This man is none other than Merlin, the greatest magician on the British Island, born from the union of an Incubus and a human, as well as the most eminent Kingmaker in history and perverted of all time. Someone like Hyoudou Issei but more powerful.

Y/N already knew Merlin because they had already met once in the past through dreams but they never when Y/N arrived in that dimension. The first time was when he decided to draw the sword from the anvil to walk the way of the king.

"I guess you're still locked up in your tower in Avalon, huh? I'm starting to think you're some kind of hikikomori," Y/N sarcastically said before turning back to the rising circle of fire, "I wouldn't wish Gilgamesh and Morgan such a death."

A laugh escaped from Merlin's mouth that he finds this statement amusing by the son of the King of Knights.

Merlin joined the magus and lifted his gaze to the circle of fire just as Y/N. "This could be the end of the old world and the beginning of a new one," he said in a quiet voice.

"But what good is a new world if all the people I love are dead?" Y/N questioned while his gaze rested on his mother, father, and older sister, "More willingly I prefer that everything remains as it is."

"The future is a book whose pages have not yet been written," Merlin said turning to the son of the King of Knights, "Your future has not yet been written. Your past and future battles have this purpose." He pointed to the magus's chest with his cane and continued, "you should have seen it, right? You have the power to perform miracles. It would be a waste not to use it at a time like this"

Miracles?

On second thought, a miracle had already happened when he had recreated Balmung and had managed to use Siegfried's Noble Phantasm. The King Piece was clearly responsible for this.

"I cannot say what will happen in the future because my clairvoyance does not allow me," Merlin continued, "but remember that in addition to Sir Mordred and Tamamo-no-Mae, there are other people you can rely on"

Y/N assumed a thoughtful expression, thinking about who he could really trust. The leaders of the three Biblical factions were certainly strong, but could not say the same of Sona, Rias, and their respective peerages. They would become strong in the future, that was obvious, but for the time being they were not even able to deal with low-ranking servants like Cursed Arm Hassan.

Y/N's eyes opened, and his mouth opened slightly as he understood what Merlin really meant.

"If you don't trust the abilities of the creatures who inhabit that world, entrusted to a force that is undisputed," Merlin said with a clever grin, "in that sense, Heroic Spirits might be the solution."

Karna and Jack were really two heroic spirits that Y/N could really rely on even though there were many who were stronger than them.

"Moreover, even the Wielder of Durandal is not to be underestimated," Merlin said, "her skills are above many knights who served under your mother when she was King and..."