Chapter 11: the Purpose of a Hero

It was clear that there were many factions inside the Khaos Brigade. In addition to the Old Satan Faction, various Gods and the Hero Faction, there was also an independent faction of which the masked man who had almost eliminated the leaders of the three Biblical Factions at the end of the summit is also a member.

Of all the groups, they were the most mysterious because no one knew who the members were and they could only assume that they were mages, however this was all to be verified. Their target was also unknown. It was their doing if Fafnir had appeared during the Summit and they had almost brought Sirzechs, Serafall, Azazel, Michael, and Gabriel to their knees.

However, they were helping the other factions of the Khaos Brigade by providing them with weapons that would subdue the other factions, with the sole exception of the Hero Faction. Their pride as descendants of famous human heroes prevented them from accepting outside help.

In what could be called their base of operations, a gigantic castle-like structure located in a separate dimension, the masked messenger walked at regular pace. The corridors and halls were completely empty, with only the sound of his footsteps filling the corridors.

The man walked up to a finely decorated wooden door. He opened it and entered a huge hall. The interior was quite gloomy, with an antique chandelier as a source of lighting. A stone table with a circular shape was placed in the centre of the room. Six chairs were placed around the table, but five had already been occupied by five individuals.

The first person was a woman with white-blond hair and golden eyes. She wears pitch-black armour and a tiara of the same colour on her head. This woman is the dragon witch known as Jeanne D'Arc and responsible for Fafnir's appearance at the end of the summit.

Next to her, there was a tall enough man with huge, rotating eyes and shiny, oily cheeks. He wears a luxurious robe of antique design with bloody scarlet motifs adorning the pitch black fabric, an ink black cassock, decorated with luxurious locks made of precious metals. This man is Gilles de Rais and he had a tormented expression on his face.

The third person was another female figure with purple lavender hair and eyes. She wears a very revealing black and gold dress and some parts of her body like her arms and legs were covered with golden scales. It also has a reptilian tail. Her name is Gorgon, the younger sister of Stheno and Euryale and a goddess become a monster.

The last person was a woman with a voluptuous body and delicate facial features. She has golden eyes and soft golden hair. She is wearing the Kuoh girl's uniform for some reason. Suddenly and quickly, her appearance changed to that of a man who vaguely resembles Sirzechs Lucifer. He has scarlet red hair and water green eyes. He wears a white shirt, black jeans, and brown dress shoes.

His name is Jack the Ripper, but unlike the little girl who was with Yuto, this version of the legendary Serial Killer was born from mystery and legend of Jack the Ripper. Because his murder cases are all unsolved, he has no body, no gender, and no identity.

"May I know how dare you delay, Shadow?" Gorgon frowned.

The masked man named Shadow sat in the only free chair. "I was checking the final preparations," he replied in a monotonous voice, "Cao Cao of the Hero Faction has set in motion."

Jeanne (Alter) snorted loudly. "As if I could care about miserable human beings who believe they can kill a deity," she said bored before a cruel smile spread across her face, "well, even though the Biblical God of this world has truly cracked"

Jeanne (Alter) almost burst out laughing thinking about it. The God who had once served was long dead.

"He may be dead, but miracles still come true," Shadow replied, "his will is still alive."