Chapter 34: Knight of Roud Table (Part 4)

"Did he tell you where he found this notebook?" Azazel asked Ariel while not looking away from the notebook.

"No," Ariel replied, shaking her head vigorously.

The more Azazel went on reading the notebook that Ariel had given him, the more interested he was in the Eclipse Gate. The theory behind that magic usurped the authority of the Gods of Time, although Azazel had already found some mistakes.

Whoever Zeref was, Azazel was want to meet him so that they could share their knowledge. He was the typical genius who was born once every century.

"But..." Ariel grabbed her chin as a theory came to her mind. "The Infinite Dragon God was with him."

Upon hearing this, Azazel finally diverted his attention and stared incredulously at Ariel.

What she just said was surreal, but he knew she wasn't a liar. If she had said that Ophis had left the Dimensional Gap, it meant that she had, but because he had, he feared that everyone's eyes would focus on Y/N now.

"I see," Azazel murmured, a slightly sarcastic smile spread across his face. "That's why he gave us the information about Sacred Gear."

For a genius like him, it was easy to see that Ophis would provide the magical power to open it. If so, then Y/N was to be expected that the Fallen Angels would create it. In practice, that was an equivalent exchange.

"Do you know anything about other factions?" Azazel asked slightly anxious.

As much as the Fallen Angels had withdrawn from the conflict, the other factions were still fighting. For this reason, although without intervening directly, Azazel was continuing to monitor the situation on that front. As the Leader of the Fallen Angels, he always had a moral duty to ensure the survival of his kind.

"If you're referring to those, I feat the devils have already come into contact," Ariel referred, her expression showing all the criticality of the situation. "That man took advantage of the chaos of the war to infiltrate the Human World to obtain them, especially the Holy Grail."

Azazel snapped his tongue. "They must not take possession of the Holy Grail and the True Longinus or it will be over."

"Then why not take them for us," Ariel suggested.

That was a good suggestion. According to the information that Y/N had provided, Azazel knew that a Sacred Gear would return to Heaven after the user died and be assigned to the next.

"First, we should track them..."

"I know where the Holy Grail is," Ariel said, blocking Azazel who merely stared at her with an open mouth. "It's in the hands of a woman named Guinevere. And currently, Y/N and Sir Mordred are on their way to meet her."

Azazel blinked once, then twice, and finally a third time.

From the frying pan to the fire.

"Ariel, you join them and prevent it from falling into the hands of that devil." Azazel rose from the ash-wood chair on which he sat, his clothes being replaced by an elegant dress that could make others think he was born noble. "I'm going to meet that person."

"I am going!" A magic circle widened under Ariel's feet and she vanished inside.

Sighing wearily, Azazel once again stared at the notebook. There were many things he didn't know and wanted to discover, starting with who Y/N was.

-------------------------

By the time they arrived in Gwent, it was afternoon.