Chapter 46: Through the centuries (Part 3)

It was strange that Y/N had called them at the ORC at that time of night, especially since they found it worrying that he had asked to meet him secretly. What made it all the more troubling was that he was accompanied only by Rossweisse and Rider.

The atmosphere inside the room was charged with electricity while, sitting in the chair that was usually occupied by Rias or Azazel, Y/N carefully stared at all the young devils.

"Well, stop wasting my time. Speak now." Rider ordered annoyedly.

The truth was that everything had been arranged so quickly that Y/N had not had a chance to prepare a speech to lighten the burden of what he had to say to them.

"Sorry I called you here so fast, but it's important. There's not a lot of time, so I'll cut to the chase," Y/N said with such a serious air that they had never seen it like that, giving them an idea of how important that discussion was. "Alter's goal is the Holy Grail. So, Rias and others are in danger right now."

None of the young devils denied the concern. It had been a while since Rias had left for Romania along with Azazel, Gawain and Gil and since then they have not received any updates about the actual state of the civil war. Honestly, that situation of uncertainty was already unnerving so, but knowing that Alter was also almost certainly there made it only worse.

"To bring Goetia back to life, Alter needs the Holy Grail possessed by the vampires and another holy grail to connect the dimensions," Y/N replied sincerely.

"But, if the vampire has one, where is the other?" Issei asked.

When asked, Y/N responded by placing the Heroic Pieces that Jesus had given him. Originally, those chess pieces were Y/N'sHoly Grail but Jesus had transformed them so that Y/N could create a team that could guarantee the salvation of humanity.

"Also." A magic circle appeared on the palm of Rider's hand and the Holy Grail of Uruk was removed from Rider's treasury. "I have another holy grail."

And since Archer was the one who followed a different path, it was very likely that PENDRAGON also possessed "his" Holy Grail.

"I called you here to tell you that I am going to Romania. I want to recover the Holy Grail before it falls into the wrong hands." Y/N's gaze wandered over the group until it focused more on Issei. "And I also want to make sure that the prophecy sung by the Norns does not concern you."

Rossweisse told everyone the words Allfather had told her. Everyone understood who White and Black were, but it was the Red that was wrapped in a halo of mystery.

"Boosted Gear can empower you endlessly, so you would theoretically be able to kill a God, yet you are the person who is least attached to me." Although their relationship was friendly, Y/N was not so close to Issei that he was part of his close friends... fortunately. "Although I doubt that the Red mentioned by Odin is you or Rias, I prefer not to take risks. I warned you."

Issei swallowed nervously and nodded. A death prophecy was never a good thing, especially if said person was you.

"I wanted to ask you what you want to do," Y/N said, hardening the features. "I'm going to Romania, but I can't assure you that I can save Rias."

The young devils looked each other in the face and nodded simultaneously.

"It is our duty to protect our king, so we come with you," Akeno said, speaking on behalf of all. "And in the absence of Rias, we would like you to be our king."

Watching the others, they nodded confident of their choice.

Y/N smiled slightly. Although he was not Rias' friend, he respected her as King.