Chapter 23: Vampire

Y/N Alter did not know how to create Shadow Servant. That had always been the task of Caster Gilles who knew black magic thanks to his tome.

Honestly, losing him was a harder blow than he thought at first. From a military point of view, Gilles' death was a severe blow. His spell book was like a magical energy reactor capable of summoning aquatic daemons from another dimension.

Well, if nothing else, Jack was still alive. Until all the bodies were destroyed, the London serial killer would not be defeated. Just because Jack had left some bodies at the base of operations, which had not been defeated by the rain of swords.

"Apparently, the vampires have made their move," Jeanne Alter reported, "it seems they have met with the next head of Gremory House."

Jeanne Alter was the Avenger Class Servant whom Y/N Alter had summoned. Unlike heroic spirits summoned by his counterpart, Jeanne Alter was a servant. Her existence was guaranteed by Y/N Alter that provided her magic energy.

Her purpose was to burn everything to ashes. Not so much the humans; her ambition was to transform heaven into hell and watch the angels die at the stake as she died. She decided that when Y/N Alter showed her that world.

"Very well," Y/N Alter nodded, "now what's left to do is wait for Rizevim to do his part"

"How do you intend to proceed then?" Jeanne Alter asked.

Y/N Alter snapped his fingers and a black magic circle spread over the table. An aquila, a terracotta idol and a file full of old yellowed paper appeared inside it.

Jeanne Alter grabbed the file and took a quick look at the files inside. The papers were all human anatomy research, complete with calculations and scientific notes.

"These are some catalysts that I have recovered in various parts of the world," Y/N Alter said, "the death of Gilles de Rais has upset the program. Without him, Shadow Servant's production stopped. We can't afford distractions, so I'll summon another servant that can continue the work."

"So you decided to replace him with another Caster Class Servant?" Jeanne Alter glanced at Y/N Alter.

Gilles had been her personal request. She wanted him to share that path of death and destruction.

"I have respect for Caster. He died for what he believed in. And I imagine his last wish was for us to continue," Y/N Alter replied, "Jeanne, just have a little more patience. It's almost time for the last act."

"I get it," Jeanne Alter grunted, "but have you thought of a way to remove the biggest obstacle?"

The obstacle Jeanne Alter referred to was Tiamat of course. She was unbeatable and neither Y/N Alter nor Jeanne had the ways to defeat her. Not even Jack, in his demonic form, could do it.

"She is impossible to be killed," Y/N Alter admitted bitterly.

"So the answer is not?" Jeanne Alter grunted.

"Just because she is immortal, it doesn't mean she is unbeatable," Y/N Alter chastised, "I just learned a magic that could do the job for me, but it will require me a lot of magic power. That's why I only have one shot at this."

"How are you going to get it?" Jeanne Alter asked.

Y/N Alter grinned and Jeanne Alter immediately understood how he intended to do so.

A shiver of excitement ran along Jeanne Alter. "You are a demon," she said with a sick smile on her face.

"I'm going to prepare the magic circle," Y/N Alter said as he set off for his workshop.