Chapter 52: Endgame (Part 3) - Olympus (1)

A/N: Sorry for the absence, but I had the opportunity to extend the holidays and I caught it.

But now I'm back even though I'm busy with work.

--------------------

-Kuoh (Residence Pendragon)

Everything happened for a reason. Every action had consequences and these consequences had to be accepted in both good and evil.

Mordred had accepted all of her past. Her rebellion and her subsequent death led her to be what she is now. The mistakes she had made had been the basis for being the person she had become. Now she was someone she could feel proud of.

"Mom, do I have to go to school?" Martha asked.

"You'll be in the company of other children, aren't you happy?" Mordred asked as she tucked her in.

Y/N and Mordred had decided it was time to integrate Martha into human society. They had already decided this when they lived in Camelot and this had not changed. They wanted Martha to meet with other people so that one day she could choose which side to take.

"I can't eat as many cookies as I want and watch cartoons," Martha protested. "And I can't even take my afternoon nap or play as much as I want."

"But you will play with others, making everything much more fun," Mordred said.

"Hmm..." Martha muttered. "Do you want to be alone with Dad to have another child?"

Martha didn't want them. It was already a pain to have to share Y/N with Jack and Ryu. She could not bear even a third sibling who further reduced her space.

"What if I told you it's too late?" Mordred chuckled as she saw her daughter's upset face. "I'm kidding. But, hell, seeing your face is priceless."

"IT'S NOT FUNNY!" Martha frowned.

Mordred laughed.

"Mom, will that man come back?" Martha asked worried. "What does he want from our family?"

She still remembered when Merlin tried to kidnap her. Merlin's intervention averted this fact.

"I don't know what he wants, but I know he'll only get a kick in the ass." Mordred passed a hand over her daughter's head. "Nothing will happen to you this time."

Fighting to protect what was important to her. That was her purpose now. Martha was the pride of Mordred, the living proof she was living through.

"Come on, go to sleep now, you'll wake up early tomorrow," Mordred urged.

Martha nodded and stretched out, taking her blankets a little higher.

Mordred left the bedroom and sighed wearily.

"I should go instead of you," Artoria said.

Mordred turned to Artoria.

Artoria walked away from the wall and sighed wearily. "You have a daughter. Who will look after her if anything happens to you?"

"You will," Mordred replied. "I understand what you're saying, but it's because she's my daughter that I have to do everything to secure her future."

Mordred promised herself something when Martha was born. She promised to be a better mother than Morgan and the best possible mother for her daughter. And if overcoming Morgan was easy, it was really difficult to be the second.

"I'm not saying I want to die, but I have to do it," Mordred said.

It was not something she could delegate to anyone else. It was her duty to make sure that Merlin was no longer a threat.