Chapter 6: Summit

It was only a few hours before negotiations began and Y/N, his sister and Xenovia were making final preparations for the meeting. Caution is never too much, and the possibility of an attack was high.

"So, did you really decide to participate?" Kuroka asked with a smart smirk on her lips.

Y/N nodded. "Not that I care what the devils, angels and fallen angels will do next," he said as he finished setting the magic runes on small pieces of paper, "but I don't want a war to break out as in the past."

"How do you know about the Great War?" Kuroka asked surprise.

"Rias Gremory told me about it and so did Michael" Y/N replied.

Silence fell in the room, interrupted only by Kuroka. "Can I ask you a favour?" she asked.

"It depends on the request," Y/N responded by crossing Nekomata's gaze, "what do you want me to do?"

Kuroka sighed and explained the request. "I would like you to protect the Rook of Rias Gremory," she expressed her request "she is my younger sister and under certain circumstances we cannot see each other without my presence endangering her life"

"Why can't you see her?" Y/N asked.

Kuroka told him that the two were sisters of the rare species known as Nekoshou. They lived with their mother until she died, and then they stayed together. To secure a future for her sister Shirone, who now adopted the name Koneko, Kuroka had joined the peerage of a high-class devil.

"The reason that led me to become a devil was to offer protection and a better life to Shirone, but I made a miscalculation," she said sadly, "that devil started experimenting on me and intended to do the same thing on my sister. In the end, I killed him to protect my sister and I became one of the most wanted devils in the underworld. But I was drunk with power by everyone."

Y/N sighed. He did not know if he could really trust Kuroka, but he could see how much she cared about her sister. In fact, she had sensed that Kuroka was watching over Koneko from the shadows. She had even participated at the classroom observation to be close to her. It was commendable that.

"I won't," Y/N replied, taking Kuroka unawares, "I won't let anyone die and that goes for Koneko too. However, if you want to protect her, you must do it yourself and not delegate to others"

"Let me explain better. I said that I am one of the most notorious criminals of the Underworld if not the most notorious. Sirzechs and Serafall want my head" Kuroka frowned "not to mention Michael and Gabriel"

Suddenly, a strange black cap appeared in the hands of Y/N. "Use this to sneak into the Kuoh," he said as he handed over the cloak, "I assure you will not be caught wearing this."

The object Y/N just handed over to Kuroka is called Hades' Cap of Invisibility. It is the prototype of all noble phantasm that "hides the figure". It uses optical magic to block all forms of magic detection and any presence of magical emanations from the wearer, being particularly effective against those who rely solely on magic to detect enemies.

"If you really love Koneko as you say, the only person who can protect her is you," Y/N said by putting a hand on Kuroka's shoulder, "I can only support you."

A slight redness formed on Kuroka's face. Y/N had defined her as a prisoner, but in fact she was always free to leave the house. The only thing she did not have to reveal was the strange method of evocation she had unintentionally witnessed. In fact, he also protected her from Michael and Gabriel when they came to visit Y/N and told her to stay in the room and reinforce the Bounded Fields.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to finish the preparations," Y/N said, getting back to work.

---------------------------