Chapter 1: Devils and Exorcists

The night sky was bathed by the pale pallor of the moon. The stars decorated the night sky as Christmas lights. A light spring breeze blew, lulling the clouds suspended in the sky.

To be a magus means to walk with death.

Looking up to the sky, a strange anomaly could be seen dominating the sky. A circle of fire that vomited curses on humanity in the form of black mud and flames.

A tool to satisfy the wishes of men only through destruction.

A golden light fell on the object that was Angra Manyu in the form of the Holy Grail. A sword forged by the planet itself that exploits in it the hopes and dreams of humankind. Therefore, it was impossible to destroy.

The golden sword that unleashes its true power when something threatens the world and the people who inhabit it.

A young man who had only broken to make himself stronger than before and who had finally found the path he wanted to walk. Like his grandfather and, to a limited extent, his father, he wanted to be a Hero of Justice, a person who could save others just because he wanted to.

In a flash of white light, the young man disappeared from the world. He was a young born from a Heroic Spirit born from the glory of humankind and a man born from the disasters of humanity.

----------------------

Y/N opened his eyes as he breathed greedily. His blond hair like ripe wheat was covered in ash and dirt. The blood stained his clothes although there were no wounds on his body. His clothes were torn to shreds, his shirt ripped and burned, and his jeans were cut.

Despite the appearance of his clothes, his body was completely healed, and his forces were restored. His wounds were now completely healed, almost certainly thanks to Avalon and his extraordinary healing ability.

His gaze was sailing in the surrounding place. It was not the place where he had won the Holy Grail War, but he had doubts that it existed somewhere in the world. An immense green meadow dotted with daisies and some rocky boulders on the horizon.

"Where am I?" Y/N thought confused.

Suddenly a white light struck his emerald eyes, forcing him to close them so as not to be blinded. When he reopened them, in front of him there was a man in his thirties with long brown hair, light blue eyes and a thick beard. The man wore a blue and red tunic and he was clothed with a golden holy aura similar to the glow of Excalibur although Y/N might say they were not alike.

The man silently observed Y/N while a chessboard appeared between his hands. However, there were no conventional pieces placed on it. They all issued the same energy signature as the guy standing in front of Y/N.

"Do you want to play?" Y/N asked perplexed.

Suddenly the pieces began to resonate with the magic power of Y/N. It was a real euphoria that sounded gently in the air. Soon, the pieces also began to glow with a red aura that was to symbolize the power of Y/N that flow inside them.

Y/N wasn't sure why he was there or who was the guy standing in front of him at the time. All he knew was that he wanted something from him, and maybe those chesses were some kind of reward in case he accepted whatever he had to do.

"What does this mean?" Y/N asked the man in front of him. He felt insecure about the situation as he approached the pieces to observe them closely.

"A threat will strike upon the world," the mysterious man finally decided to speak, "such a threat that even God would have trouble dealing with"

"A threat?" Y/N said suspicious, "what kind of threat?"