NotSoSweetDreams

"I See The Pain Behind Your Eyes, Its Been There For Quite A While. I Just Want To Be The One To Remind You What it Is To Smile"

Dior

*A few days later*

It was pitch black in the small cramped closet as he stood uncomfortably with a sleeping Sekani cuddled up peacefully in the corner with his favourite toy tucked securely in his arms. Dior made sure that he wrapped a blanket around him.

His heart was racing fast. He didn't know what to do in that moment but all he knew is he had to follow instructions and remain quiet hopefully Sekani wouldn't wake up and compromise them.

Since he couldn't fully follow instructions he had the closet door cracked a little to get a slight view of what was going on. He felt so helpless and useless just sitting and not doing anything but he knew that he had to for himself but mostly for his little brother who had no clue as to what was currently going on in the same room as them.

His palms were sweating, his breathes were shallow and short, his mind and heart was racing. He was having a panic attack right now out all times. He cursed himself for it but he couldn't stop it either. The more he told himself that he was being weak in this moment the worse it got but he couldn't find the words to make it better. Nothing could make it better. As much as he didn't want to believe it in his heart he felt like the night wouldn't end well.

He was spiralling in confusion and in typical Dior fashion his confusion turned into anger. Hot tears instantly started flowing from his eyes burning them but he couldn't even for a second close his eyes as they followed the gun as it rose. As if the gun wasn't only a few feet from him he didn't even flinch or blink when it was fired.

He watched as the blood spattered painting the walls with a deep red. He couldn't believe what he just saw. He swore his heart stopped and instead of beating again it died. It died more and more with every shot fired. It was as if those shots should have ripped through his body instead because that night a piece of him that he'll never get back died too.

•◇•◇•◇•◇•

Dior woke up from yet another dream with cold sweat covering his body. The room was already freezing cold from the a.c. blasting cold air. He looked around the room feeling a sense of ease to be in his own house and not in that closet he was stuck in that night.

He got up and swung his legs to where his feet were now laying flat on the cold floor. He looked around his room. It was plain, lacked any type of character. It contained everything a bedroom needed but there was no personal touch to it. It just added to his already dark and gloomy mood.

He looked at the clock on his nightstand and let out a deep sigh.

04:36