PrideIsTheDevil

"If I Let My Feelings Out It's My Luck That I'll Bore You. I'm Tryna Keep You Around From Waking Out On Me"

-Attention
Kiana Ledé

° ° ° °

This morning Isaiah did not feel like doing anything at all but she had to go to work today

This morning Isaiah did not feel like doing anything at all but she had to go to work today. It was Friday so there would be a lot of walk ins which would be amazing for her since she didn't have any appointments today.

She got out of bed reluctantly. What really had her mood off was the fact that she had to go face her Aunt after what happened yesterday. She knew her aunt would be mad at her for not coming back to work and for ignoring her numerous phone calls.

Yesterday after leaving Asia's house she came home and decided to take a nap which lasted till the next day but she still felt tired. Drained would be the best way to describe her today.

She grabbed her phone which was connected to her speaker and let her songs shuffle. The first song that played was "I Love You Too Much" by Lucky Daye.

"Guess I Got A Lot Of Pride. So Much Pride I Don't See Myself Being Hurt But I Guess It Happens To Everybody" the voice boomed throughout her room causing her to roll her eyes. That first line reminded her if Dior.

She thought back to the night if the argument. She remembered how offended he got when she told him it was okay to be scared.

"Yeah It Feels The Same Everyday. Feels Like I Could Travel Through Time And Get Right Back To It. It's Funny How Things Work" the voice continued.

She could tell that he carried a lot of weight on his shoulders especially things from the past. She wondered what role his father had in all of it but seeing how just the mention of his father that got him riled up, most of his issues must have stemmed from his father.

Isaiah thought about the relationship with her own father. They were never super close since they lived in different states while she was growing up and even when she would visit her dad was usually at work.

Growing up she knew her father loved her very much but there was always a bit of a disconnect between the two of them. Isaiah wasn't like her brothers. They were very smart in school, they were both good at sports and didn't get into trouble too much.

Isaiah was never the best in school. She was never really into sports and stayed getting into fights with the other kids at school and in her neighbourhood. She usually made C's and D's with the occasional B and A. Sometimes her marks would slip below D's which her dad didn't like because she had to send him a copy of all her report card's. Her father threatened not to let her visit during the summer if her marks didn't improve and he kept his promise.