TheStartOfTheEnd

Read the previous chapter first. It carries a lot of hints for this chapter and the next one.

"There's No Reason To Believe I'll Save Us Now. But If You Really Love Me Say It Now. Why Is It So Hard To Figure Out? I Need You Everyday, Believe Me When I Say it"

-Giveon
Like I Want You

~~~~

Josiah woke up on the bed he shares with his girlfriend only to find that he woke up alone. He sighed looking around the large room and hoped she wasn't downstairs trying to make Adore's life miserable.

He wasted no time getting up to brush his teeth and wash his face. He looked at himself at the mirror and made a mental note to get a haircut soon.

He placed a shirt on since he already had on a pair of black sweats and headed downstairs. The smell of pancakes filled the whole house. Josiah already knew it had to be Adore cooking since Brook would never touch a pot.

He entered the kitchen seeing his son mixing blueberries into the pancake batter. "Daddy look me and mommy cook" the little boy screeched the second he saw his dad. The two had grown extremely close within the month and a half they've known each other.

"What you making son?" He walked closer to him.

"Pancake" Micah smiled before going back to his task.

"Wassup Adore"he greeted.

"Morning" Adore replied in her naturally soft voice. She kept her eyes on the pancake she was getting ready to flip. She didn't dare make eye contact with Josiah because the last time she did Brook swore up and down they were fucking again.

"You seen Brook?" Josiah asked. Since she moved back Brook managed to spend most of her time with her friends instead of her boyfriend. She didn't care about being pregnant. There was no way she would be at home all day playing house with her boyfriend, his son and babymother.

Josiah understood why she chose to distance herself but he still didn't like the idea of his pregnant girlfriend being out and about all day. He didn't expect her to hang out with Micah since she made it clear she didn't care for the little boy or his mother but he felt like he was missing out on the pregnancy of his second child because his girlfriend was being petty.

"She left about thirty minutes ago" Adore shrugged as she set the fluffy pancake on a plate. She cut the pancake into small pieces and handed it to Micah before setting him on a seat on the kitchen table.

"Can you feed him please" she handed Josiah a Spider-Man fork and some syrup.

"For sure" Josiah happily agreed. "What's up with you?" He asked noticing that she's more quiet than usual.

"Nothing" she replied simply. "Can you watch Micah for me I'm apartment hunting today"

"Why though?" Josiah asked truly confused. Adore still hadn't been able to find a job and she barely had any money to her name so she wouldn't be a able to get a place for herself.

"I can't live here with you and your girlfriend" she replied.

"Adore you can't afford to move out right now so you ain't going anywhere. Especially not with my son"