3-In the way

Isabella-The twins' mom^ 

'I need a shower anyway and since they offered, I mise well!' I think to myself, biting my lip. I haven't showered in a couple of weeks, the last time being when I showered at Scarlett's house. I look around in cabinets trying to find the towels, soon finding them after the third cabinet I open. I take one out and hang it on the hook close to the shower.

You see, they would let me live with them but I can't because one, there's no room and two, my blood parents know where they live. They haven't shown up at their doorsteps yet but it scares me. Though with Scarlett's family being them, had bought me a phone and pays the bill for unlimited data just so I can contact them if I need any help at all.

So I've been living with Axe body spray, deodorant, and dry shampoo, they probably think I smell bad or look dirty. That thought has me letting out a whimper, pouting as I climb into the shower and slide the door closed. Though every thought and emotion washes away as I relax under the hot water.

The water felt nice, very nice actually, I hum in contentment as I let the warm fall onto my now-drenched hair and make its way down my body. To be honest with you, I take my sweet ol' time showering, not knowing the next time I'll get a shower again.

I pick up the Strawberry scented shampoo, smiling at the scent. That smells amazing. After scrubbing it in my hair and rinsing it out, I follow my previous steps with the strawberry-scented conditioner, making sure to wash my cat ears and that they get cleaned well. I make sure to use the shampoo and thoroughly and gently wash my tail and rinse it, before reaching for the cocoa-scented body wash.

After I'm all rinse off, I decided to stand under the water a couple of moments longer, thinking. I'm in a house full of canines, I smell Ashton and Andrew but I also smell at least 2 more strong auras and a more settled, homey one. That's a very scary thought for a Neko because it can mean protection or food, I'm hoping for the first option.

Well good that they don't know I'm a Neko yet. At least I hope they haven't figured it out yet. Them calling me kitten has me worried because what if they have figured it out? Or is it just a nickname?

Being a Neko, I like the things cats do, being pet/hair being played with, I love collars and toys for being when I shift and when I'm little.

'Wait,' I pause my thinking, 'Am I their mate? Is that why they're all lovey-dovey and protective? No no no, is that a thing? Two mates? Or more like two people mated to one person. God wolves are complicated." I huff out a breath.

See, Scarlett and her family has taught me about wolves, everything that they know at least. They have mates that their moon goddess destines them with, they can sometimes end up with a second chance mate if their first mate dies or rejects them, and they can be mated to any other species. They also told me wolves are one of the main predatory animals to Neko's, and that a lot of them are assholes to other species, even sometimes their own, because they think they're superior depending on their second gender.

Those last two facts make me whimper and cringe, thinking about what kind of wolves this pack is. I mean Andrew and Ashton seem amazing but what about the rest of them? What about when they find out I'm a Neko?

Woah woah woah, I need to calm down with my thoughts, I may not even be their mate and just someone they saw needed help... But wouldn't that make their mate(s) angry at both them and me? That thought, again, makes me cringe. I wanna keep my head thank you.

I shake all my thoughts away, I need to get out, it's cold. I shiver as I step out of the shower, my bare feet touching the cool tiled floor and wrapping myself in the towel I had pulled out. I slowly walk to the counter, trying to keep myself from falling on my ass. Once I reach it, I quickly dry my body off, being gentle with my tail, and then carefully dry my hair, being careful with my ear.