16-Content

Have they even noticed I'm gone yet? This is what runs through my mind for mainly the whole walk so far. Scarlett and I are walking through the woods at the moment, getting closer to the house.

I know it was so stupid to run off and not tell them where I was going but I was scared and didn't think about what could happen to me. Only if they would hate me or possibly not love my back. And that warning look, the memory of it makes shivers run down my spine. That look scared me shitless. I hate that they were upset and disappointed in me but I guess it's understandable. What if they think I'm a pathetic coward for running? What if I'm too weak for them to keep around or have me as Luna!?

Then suddenly I'm getting snapped out of my thoughts by Scar. "We're here, come on, you got some explaining to do." She says in a calm voice as she approaches the door, gently pulling me behind her.

"Scar," I start as I stop myself and her in our tracks. "What if they hate me for running? What if I'm too weak for them? What if they don't love me back? What if I'm too weak to be Luna? What i-mhp!" I keep going down the row but she cuts me off, her hand covering my mouth.

"Matthew Jamerson Brown! They will not hate you, I can tell those boys love you very much from just a glance at the way they look at you. They look at you like you hung the stars, that's love twinkling in their eyes. And you are not weak, you are far from weak Matthew! Far from it. Now let's walk in there and get you to your mates, I may not be a big fan of wolves but I approve, and I know your sister would too. They love you and they protect you, they're on my good side." She says, a smile spreading on her face as she finishes. She then continues to pull me to the door once more, obviously excited.

I hope Liz approves.

I take a deep breath before slowly twisting the doorknob and pushing the door open. Once the door is fully open, I see six pairs of eyes on me, a set of them holds excitement, three sets hold relief and worry but also happiness, and the other two hold all the above. Everyone with smiles on set on their faces.

"Hiya everyone!" Scar says excitedly, earning hellos from everyone, everyone sitting down except for the twins. They quickly make their way to me and engulf me in a hug, Andrew limping just a bit.

I lay my head where their shoulders touch as Ashton nuzzles the right side of my neck, Andrew doing the same on my left. "We love you too, Kitten," they both quietly say in sync with each other. I whimper at that, a shutter rolling through my body at their tone.

I peek my head up to look at them then back at Scar, seeing her laughing with the rest of the family, sitting on the couch. I look back at the twins and back up a little bit, just enough so I can look at their faces. "I'm sorry I ran off without telling you guys. I guess I was just scared. I hate that I made you guys upset with me so I went upstairs and ran to Scar's house. I'm sorry."

"It's okay baby, it's okay." Andrew coos as he hugs me, softly rubbing my back.

"Just please never do that again, we can't lose you," Ashton says softly, a worried smile on his lips so I nod my head. He then pulls me into a hug, planting a kiss on my head. Andrew follows suit, leaning over and placing a gentle kiss on my temple.

"So you don't hate me?" I ask, earning a chuckle from both of them.

"Never."

That causes my lips to split into a big smile, grabbing their handing as I drag them to where everyone else sits. I push both of them onto the couch and smile at everyone getting along. "I'm going to go to the bathroom, be nice to Scar," I say in a serious tone, aiming it mainly at Ashton before turning and walking to Scar to hug her. "I'll be right back Scar," I then walk up the stairs and go to the bathroom attached to our bedroom.

Once I'm done I close the door behind me and make my way down the stairs only to hear Scar is still here and she's currently embarrassing me. I run the rest of the way down and up to her, clapping my hand over her mouth so she can't continue her story of the time I fell in a swamp.

"Why must you do that Scarlett?" I ask, breathing a sigh, my face most definitely starting to look like a cherry once I notice the twins smirking at me. What all has she told them?

Scar moves my hand off her mouth and turns to me, "because why not? It's a funny story!" She says with amusement in her voice as I start to playfully glare at her. "I also let them know how to calm you from intense panic attacks." She says, catching me immediately off guard, my eyes widening and my heart beating faster.

"You did what?" I whisper-yell.

"I taught them how to calm you. It's best if they know so you don't get hurt and so they can take care of you when you're not with me." She explains, her tone calm. You know, maybe she's right, just maybe it's smart for them to know. I sigh in defeat.

"Okay," I whisper and walk over to the house the twins are sitting on and sit in between the two. Estella comes up to me so I lift her and place her on my lap, giving her a big hug. "Hey Princess, how are you?"

"I'm otay!" She says before hugging me again, giggling like a madman. "I'm glad you're back, I remember her too! She's nice." She says in a quieter tone at the mention of Scarlett which makes me laugh.

"She is a super nice person, honey. I promise you can trust her! She's an amazing person and she absolutely loves playing. Should we show her your room?" I say, watching as Scarlett's eyes go wide looking at me, trying to mentally kill me without showing it to El. And let me tell you; If looks could kill.

Yes, she's good with kids and loves them to death. Buuut, sometimes kids get too much if she hasn't been near them for long and she's only met Estella two times. Estella is still shy around Scar and Scar doesn't know how to handle a little girl she doesn't know so she might just get murdered.

Though, Estella's eyes also go wide with excitement, "I'll go show her!" Estella exclaims, clambering off of my lap and hurrying to scar, immediately grabbing her hand and trying to tug her to the stairs. "I wanna show you the castle me and M built!" She squeals than the next second she's out of sight, Scar following behind her.

The twin, their parents, and I all laugh as Scar gets dragged up the stairs by an excited 4-year-old girl. "I'm so dead when Scar gets back down here," I say between laughs.

"Nah, not happening with us around. Our mate may not die on us!" Andrew dramatically says with a chuckle, throwing a protective arm around my shoulders. I shake my head and lean my head on his shoulder as Ashton's hand lands on my thigh, squeezing it. Isabella looks at me and smiles at the sight of her sons being content, me being placed in the middle. I love this.

"Why didnt you tell us about the trick to calm you, Kitten?" Ashton asks as I start to get myself into a laying position, my head laying on Andrew's lap and my legs dangling onto Ashton's.

"I guess I just didnt think about it. The only people that have been able to do it are Scarlett and Lindzey." I pause, taking a sigh, "so I guess I was worried to tell you and if you accidentally got it wrong you would maybe blame yourselves."

Andrew nods and softly smiles before giving my head a soft kiss as my eyes flutter close.

I feel content, safe, and loved. That's what I want and have ever wanted since my sister died. When she died I started to get bullied on top of me grieving my sisters' death then I started getting hurt by those demons. I went straight into a spiral of depression and everything above and below. Here, I'm safe and loved. Things are starting to look up.